+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7290Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3324803;
    But I've seen a lot of people with them in work enviroments I thought would be pretty conservative. Tell them you've become a hindu and it's part of your new religious practices.
    Unfortunately I already told them that I'm a Druid in order to get May 1 off. As I'm the only Druid in the office, it's a lot easier to fake. If I lay claim to Hinduism, I will undoubtedly be tripped up in conversation with my Hindi co-workers.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3324850;
    Unfortunately I already told them that I'm a Druid in order to get May 1 off. As I'm the only Druid in the office, it's a lot easier to fake. If I lay claim to Hinduism, I will undoubtedly be tripped up in conversation with my Hindi co-workers.
    Ah, but you can claim a new form of religion called Hindruidism. That should work. It takes the dress of Hindus and the religion of the druids and combines them.

(my imagination is running rampant today. I think its a direct rebellion of the logical process of statistics, so the part of my brain that is not logical has decided to rear up and go crazy making stuff up. With the exception of the Swami/harmonica/buckskin funeral story in the troubles thread. That one is totally real)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

We have daffodils!!!!

HOwever, I'm not holding my breath for this being the definitive end of winter. In 2007 we had a hard freeze Easter weekend (April 8) and last year we had snow at the end of Feb. and a freeze in March.

But it has been a milder than normal winter and we do have daffodils, so I'm going to enjoy them while I can.

I'm thinking maybe you should take some pictures of those daffodils and share with the rest of us who won't be seeing such a welcome sight of spring until well into April
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I actually saw my crocuses (crocusi????) peeking out of the ground the other day and got all excited. But today it's in the 20s. I think it's that stupid groundhog's fault.

I'm late to the tats and peircings conversation, but it sounds like I'm truly the odd one out here-- no tats, no piercings. I wanted to get my ears pierced when I was around eight and everyone was doing it, but my mom put her foot down and said that I couldn't do it until I was sixteen. Well, by that point, ear piercings were no longer the latest fad, and so I never bothered. Plus, a few of my friends' earlobes have ripped, and I didn't want that happening either.

As for tattoos, again, never really had the desire. And I know I would get tired of it, and want it gone that instant, and clearly that's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3327003;
    I actually saw my crocuses (crocusi????) peeking out of the ground the other day and got all excited. But today it's in the 20s. I think it's that stupid groundhog's fault.
    um.. Cough**cough* that groundhog has a PhD.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I got my ear lobes pierced due to having minimal lobes, which meant that I could not wear clip-on earrings...and they hurt, all to heck, when I tried to wear them, anyway. I do adore earrings!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Well it's supposed to snow this weekend. So daffodils and snow.

I've had my ears pierced for 34 years and no rips, but I don't do a long of dangly earrings either which is where I think most rips come from.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Dangles are OK as long as they are not heavy. I hate the French hooks. I have a pair of earrings that look like they weigh a ton, and a man even commented on their size (we were at a holiday dinner with a lot of people at a long table; we're talking about 15 years ago, mind you) and how heavy they were. I took one earring off and passed it across the table to him and his daughter; despite how they looked, they were about the weight of cooked (baked?) meringue. Shut that clown up, with a quickness! He was rather rude, to say the least.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread