+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4501Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I was never really worried about the pain. I have a pretty high threshold for pain. I was concerned about the bleeding but obviously that isn't something that I should worry about. Maybe this spring, for my 50th birthday I'll get one. Really freak out my kids. They think I'm aging backwards the way it is!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My skin is much too valuable for me to deface it like that, but I've been going to dermatologists since I was in my single digits. No Thank You! Have fun getting your tat.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I got mine at the base of my neck and it actually felt good while he was doing it - like a vibrating massager. But afterwards it was achey. Nothing Tylenol couldn't handle. My mom and my son got mirror image tattoos of swans on their hips so when they stand together, they make a heart.
    Count your blessings!

Get a nose stud Rattus. Who says you have to be a babe to get a hole in your nose?? If I ever get back in shape and lose 20 pounds, I am absolutely getting my belly button done again. As long as your workplace doesn't have a policy against that kind of thing, do it! And I have always kind of wanted a tasteful tattoo. Like a tribal armband or something. I don't have the nerve, though. All of your tattoos look great. You butterfly is very inventive, schmoo.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

My older kids have tattoos. And the youngest one, who will be 18 in May, has mentioned that she might want to get one.

My husband got one before I met him and he said it hurt like hell and he was really drunk when he got it. Maybe that's why! D'uh.

When my Dad was in the Navy, he got a tattoo on his arm of Popeye.... complete with the can of spinach. He used to flex his muscles and the can would move up and down as if Popeye was eating spinach. All of the kids would be in awe! LOL So now that he sees his grandchildren sporting tats, I tell him that HE started it.

My son has the most. He has almost a "sleeve" on one arm. My son has one on his shoulder of a skull with a frown, but when he moves his arm that frown turns into a smile.

My daughter actually was visiting my sister in NYC when she was about 15 or so. She told my sister that I gave her permission to take her to a tat parlor. Well in NY one has to be 18 to legally get a tat. They went to several places and were turned down. My daughter was adamant about getting one, so they went and got her a fake ID! Then she went into a few more tat parlors and were turned away because the ID was so fake. Finally one place did agree to tattoo her. My sister said the place was clean however. The tat was really nice and she was happy. I really didn't mind it as much as I thought I would.....until a few months later when I realized that she had to go to the pediatrician for her annual checkup! Arghhh! She's gotten several since, all after she turned 18.

My friends and I joke that in 50-60 years, all the help in the nursing homes will be laughing their heads off as they are spraying off all the old farts who are covered with saggy, faded tats.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Does the neckline sag? i might be screwed.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3324512;
    Does the neckline sag? i might be screwed.
    That's precisely why I got mine on my ankle. I do love your tat Amy Lee and the fact that you can either hide it or show it depending on how you wear your hair. One of my good friends got hers in the same spot right after we graduated high school. She was raised by her very strict father for most of her life and knew that he'd never understand or accept it. The first time he saw it was 10 years later on her wedding day.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3323984;
    I was never really worried about the pain. I have a pretty high threshold for pain. I was concerned about the bleeding but obviously that isn't something that I should worry about. Maybe this spring, for my 50th birthday I'll get one. Really freak out my kids. They think I'm aging backwards the way it is!
    LIl Bit, I think that's great. I did mine for my 40th because I had decided that I was going kicking and screaming into my 40's. I love mine and may eventually get another one. Maybe my 50th.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3324435;
    Get a nose stud Rattus. Who says you have to be a babe to get a hole in your nose??
    I actually would but for the facts that, while I don't believe they have an actual policy in place, I do work in for an incredibly conservative organization, and that my allergies have been increasing exponentially over the years and I don't believe it would very comfortable.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3324783;
    I actually would but for the facts that, while I don't believe they have an actual policy in place, I do work in for an incredibly conservative organization, and that my allergies have been increasing exponentially over the years and I don't believe it would very comfortable.
    My daughter has bad allergies and a lot of sinusitis and the nose stud doesn't seem to bother her with those conditions. She had them before and she had them after. However your work enviroment may be the problem.

But I've seen a lot of people with them in work enviroments I thought would be pretty conservative. Tell them you've become a hindu and it's part of your new religious practices.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread