+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5774Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I will never understand that "fulfilling pain gene/need" that some people have.

I got my ears pierced when I was pregnant with my son, and I thought I was going to die!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I told my son, who really doesn't like needles, that getting a tatoo meant getting a bunch of needles, but he said he's OK with that. We'll see how he feels after Tuesday!!

I would actually like to get a tattoo but since I have problems with anemia which has caused some excessive bleeding problems for me in the past, I've been hesitant to get one. So, you Forter's with tat's, tell me your stories and if you had bleeding problems.

I won't say they weren't painful, but the needles don't go deep, its really just the top layer or two. Minimal bleeding - more like a scrape than anything else.

It is just a consistent pain, and yes it is - but not real intense. just more irritating. Neither of mine is real detailed or large, so I just 'went to a happy place' while they were being done. (actually, before the second one I had a couple margaritas - it WAS my birthday)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3323366;
    I would actually like to get a tattoo but since I have problems with anemia which has caused some excessive bleeding problems for me in the past, I've been hesitant to get one. So, you Forter's with tat's, tell me your stories and if you had bleeding problems.
    I used a numbing cream for my tattoo and didn't feel a thing. Mine took about 40 minutes to do and I had very little bleeding and no problems after the tattoo.

I got mine about a year and half ago (Mr. Rattus left me waiting outside a tattoo parlour too long while he was CD shopping) and while the artist was telling me I would become addicted to tattoos, I said "never - this hurts too damn much", though there was no bleeding at all. However, I do want a second tattoo - a representation of Finley's paw print on my shoulder. And if I were 25 years younger, I would also get a nose stud. I suppose it is just as well that I'm closing in on fifty.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

These are mine. the butterfly (yellow rose body) was on my 50th birthday, the dragonfly on my 53rd.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3323366;
    I have anemia and I had it when I got my tat. Not much bleeding AT ALL. I was surprised. They don't go deep. Just don't drink, alcohol makes you bleed more. In fact where I went, they won't tattoo you if you've been drinking. As for pain. It really didn't hurt and I was surprised. It was mildy annoying, sort of like a rubberband being snapped at you, but not even that bad and after a few min. the endorphins kick in and it doesn't hurt anymore.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I got mined almost 4 yrs ago. There was some blood, it ended up in the shape of the tattoo(when you remove the bandage), btw. Get Vaseline Intensive Care: Advanced Healing Protection to keep it moisturized. You will find chunks of the ink in the back on your clothing and in your bed. Don't scratch it. The scabs can take up to 2 weeks to heal. http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...k/closeup8.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

I didn't have scabs. I did use the vaseline stuff and kept it covered for several days.

I have to add that geting my ears pierced hurt a LOT more than the tattoo. At the time and for several days afterwards. The tat was a lot less painful healing than the ears and a LOT less painful than that ear gun they shoot the earrings into your ears with.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread