+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6755Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3300073;
    I'm not a huge fan of rock music, but Bruce did "bring it", didn't he?? Love watching him with Steve Van Zandt. Watching Steve on stage doing his thing, and then watching him on The Sopranos is just fascinating, seeing him in 2 totally different arenas.
    I posted in the sports thread last night that I can't watch "little Steven Van Zandt" and not see Silvio now.

OK, how does a man of 59 slide on his knees across the stage? I get on the floor and I can't get up with help.

My favorite commercial was the one with Mr. and Mrs. Potato head in the car and she loses her lips and has to remove her eyes to put on her "mad" eyes to glare at Mr. Potato head. That one has me laughing my butt off still. I don't even remember what it was a commercial for, but that it had the Potato heads in it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3300600;
    I posted in the sports thread last night that I can't watch "little Steven Van Zandt" and not see Silvio now.

OK, how does a man of 59 slide on his knees across the stage? I get on the floor and I can't get up with help.

My favorite commercial was the one with Mr. and Mrs. Potato head in the car and she loses her lips and has to remove her eyes to put on her "mad" eyes to glare at Mr. Potato head. That one has me laughing my butt off still. I don't even remember what it was a commercial for, but that it had the Potato heads in it.
    It is a Bridgestone commercial - go to you tube and search for Bridgestone Mr and Mrs Potato head, had me laughing my keester off.

I also liked that commercial and I haven't seen it getting much response elsewhere today. Cracked me up.

As for Springsteen, I saw him at Giants Stadium over the summer and he is a machine. Other artists have their costume changes, set changes, whatever-- not him. He played almost continuously for about three hours, and then came out and did a seven song encore. He played a bunch of songs I didn't know, but it was still a blast, and boy was I impressed with his ability to perform for that long.

59?? Yeah, I'm about to be 47 and I need a boost getting out of bed every morning!

The Mr. and Mrs. Potato head commercial was my favorite too! When her lips when flying off and falling down the cliff and she turns and changes her eyes to glare - oh, I was laughing so hard. Even my hard to smile husband grinned at that one. Priceless!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3300719;
    I also liked that commercial and I haven't seen it getting much response elsewhere today. Cracked me up.

As for Springsteen, I saw him at Giants Stadium over the summer and he is a machine. Other artists have their costume changes, set changes, whatever-- not him. He played almost continuously for about three hours, and then came out and did a seven song encore. He played a bunch of songs I didn't know, but it was still a blast, and boy was I impressed with his ability to perform for that long.
    I would LOVE to see Bruce Springsteen, 'The Boss' in concert! He is a legend.
    I was impressed with the way he performed Sunday at the SuperBowl, especially for a man his age..not that he's old, but he isn't a kid either.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Zac got to go home from the hospital today!! He was there for 8 days. I was going to spend the night tonight but he called and left me a voice mail that was too cute saying he was getting to go home and he would see me tomorrow along with the most heart warming "I love you Grandpa" So I'll be spending the day hanging out with the Zacster.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3301797;
    59?? Yeah, I'm about to be 47 and I need a boost getting out of bed every morning!

The Mr. and Mrs. Potato head commercial was my favorite too! When her lips when flying off and falling down the cliff and she turns and changes her eyes to glare - oh, I was laughing so hard. Even my hard to smile husband grinned at that one. Priceless!
    Yeah, I'm almost 47 too and would have needed a trip to the ER had I done that slide on the stage.

Oh yeah, that eye change to glare was the funniest.

Well, here's a funny and sometimes my husband is so quick it amazes me (not in that way, get your filthy minds out of the gutter. ). He got a wrong number on his cell phone. About 30 min. later, the phone rings again and he says: "No, you have a wrong number." He waits for a few seconds and says: "have you tried 867-5309? Yeah, I think that's Jenny's number." and hangs up and almost falls off the couch laughing. He got two calls from the same person asking for Jenny. By the 2nd call, he'd remembered that song.
    I was also

Unk, that's GREAT news about Zac. So are you headed over to play some video games this week?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3302887;
    Unk, that's GREAT news about Zac. So are you headed over to play some video games this week?
    But of course. I'm taking a friend of mine that I used to live with that my kids look at as a step mom. She's looking forward to meeting Zac and playing games with him like she used to do with his dad when was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3302887;
    Well, here's a funny and sometimes my husband is so quick it amazes me (not in that way, get your filthy minds out of the gutter. ). He got a wrong number on his cell phone. About 30 min. later, the phone rings again and he says: "No, you have a wrong number." He waits for a few seconds and says: "have you tried 867-5309? Yeah, I think that's Jenny's number." and hangs up and almost falls off the couch laughing. He got two calls from the same person asking for Jenny. By the 2nd call, he'd remembered that song.
    I was also
    That is too funny mrd!! I started laughing when I read it and my kids wanted to know why. I warned them that they wouldn't think it was funny if I explained it - I was right.

Unk - Enjoy your time with Zac! Glad to hear he is out of the hospital!!

Unk - So glad to hear that Zac is out of the hospital. Enjoy spending time with him!

+ Reply to Thread