+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6462Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Bob Keeshan was Captain Kangaroo - I didn't know he was Clarabell, too! The things you learn here.
    All the clown discussion had me chuckle. Both of my boys despised any human dressed as a tv or cartoon character. We have a photo of my older boy, age 6 at the time, sitting in a restaurant at Disney World; Mickey is standing behind him and the look on my kid's face is: " If I don't make eye contact, maybe it will go away!"
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Four different men played Clarabell; Keeshan was the first, and played the part for five years. Clarabell chose not to speak until the final episode when he said "Goodbye, kids."
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Totally OT -
    I went to a Pampered Chef party last night. I looooooooved it!! I love the stone ware and the neat little kitchen gadgets. I limited myself to $100.00 and actually only spent $88.00.
    My good friend was the hostess, she had a good friend of her's (a chef) prepare the nibbles. He brought the most gorgeous food!
    Baked brie with cranberries and pesto, tapenade, a cheese platter that included cranberry goat cheese, blueberry camembert and a fab smelly blue cheese (and the more mundane swiss, havarti and gouda) stuffed mushrooms, and crudites (sp)
    It was at this point in the evening that I realised that I watch too much tv. Too much Food Network to be exact. My friend had no idea what half the stuff was - let alone how to serve it. The other women at the party were just as clueless. I was the only one eating the tapenade, I kept getting asked what 'IS' that black stuff?? Once people actually tried it they started eating it.
    I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed that I knew this stuff because of tv or they should be watching more tv!
    Oh - and just because I knew what the stuff was didn't mean I ate it, knowledge is one thing but eating hoity-toity crap is quite another. I know what caviar is but I'll be damned if I'll eat fish eggs on toast!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    Bob Keeshan was Captain Kangaroo - I didn't know he was Clarabell, too! The things you learn here.
    All the clown discussion had me chuckle. Both of my boys despised any human dressed as a tv or cartoon character. We have a photo of my older boy, age 6 at the time, sitting in a restaurant at Disney World; Mickey is standing behind him and the look on my kid's face is: " If I don't make eye contact, maybe it will go away!"
    Have you ever thought about how lucky you are to have someone who is older tha dirt here to tell you all of the really important stuff?

Now that I think of it, I don't believe that my kids were too excited about Mickey and all his pals down at Disney World, either. They didn't make a scene, but weren't seeking him out, either. I think your description of their reaction is pretty accurate.

In my post above, I said it was International Goat Festival, wrong, it's International Goat Days.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    know what caviar is but I'll be damned if I'll eat fish eggs on toast!
    Oh Duxxy, take me with you and I'll take of all that caviar for you! The party sounds like it was fun and the food sounds very yummy!!! Tapinade...yummy!

You know when they serve good munchies at home parties, you're hooped! Food excites the "buying genes" into a frenzy and suddenly your credit card is out and you have new things! Tapenade and crudites can really gang up on you to make things look really enticing, particularly when paired with a glass or two of wine.

Does anyone remember watching H.R. Puffinstuff? I liked those guys. Up here we had The Friendly Giant, with Casey and Finnegan puppets, and Mr. Dress-Up. They were great!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

H.R Puffinstuff.
    He's your friend when things get rough.
    H.R. Puffinstuff
    Can't get a little
    When you can't get enough.... (or something like that )
    LOVED that cartoon and had crazy nightmares about Witchy Poo!

MRD
    My daughter loved Mr. Rogers and Lambchop (this is the song that doesn't end.....)

I grew up on Captain Kangeroo, H.R. Puffenstuff, the BAnana Splits and Romper Room with Miss June.

The funny thing is, that I really grew up with Captain Kangeroo and Mike Douglas. Only have 3 tv channels back then, Capt. K. came on and then was followed by the Mike Douglas talk show. I remember sitting and watching both. IF PBS was coming in that day (we had an antenna) I could watch Romper Room or H. R. Puffenstuff or Mr. Rogers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ana Bannana: I loved those two little cops, Cling and Clang! Now you got me singing that little tune!

Attachment 18199Attachment 18200
    H.R. Pufnstuff,
    Who's your friend when things get rough?
    H.R. Pufnstuff
    Can't do a little cause he can't do enough.

Once upon a summertime
    Just a dream from yesterday
    A boy and his magic golden flute
    Heard a boat from off the bay
    "Come and play with me, Jimmy
    Come and play with me.
    And I will take you on a trip
    Far across the sea."

But the boat belonged to a kooky old witch
    Who had in mind the flute to snitch
    From her broom broom in the sky
    She watched her plans materialize
    She waved her wand
    The beautiful boat was gone
    The skies grew dark
    The sea grew rough
    And the boat sailed on and on and on and on and on and on.

But Pufnstuff was watching too
    And knew exactly what to do
    He saw the witch's boat attack
    And as the boy was fighting back
    He called his rescue racer crew
    As often they'd rehearsed
    And off to save the boy they flew
    But who would get there first?

But now the boy had washed ashore
    Puf arrived to save the day
    Which made the witch so mad and sore
    She shook her first and screamed away.

H.R. Pufnstuff,
    H.R. Pufnstuff

H.R. Pufnstuff,
    H.R. Pufnstuff
    Last edited by misskitty; 10-17-2006 at 01:17 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    You know when they serve good munchies at home parties, you're hooped! Food excites the "buying genes" into a frenzy and suddenly your credit card is out and you have new things! Tapenade and crudites can really gang up on you to make things look really enticing, particularly when paired with a glass or two of wine.

Does anyone remember watching H.R. Puffinstuff? I liked those guys. Up here we had The Friendly Giant, with Casey and Finnegan puppets, and Mr. Dress-Up. They were great!
    I think I remember the friendly giant he had a castle and he'd open up the doors? and he had littlechairs for you to sit in? If that is the one I'm thinking of. Who played the friendly giant any way?
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

+ Reply to Thread