+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6375Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We had about 5-6" of wet snow when I headed out to shovel around 1:00 but turned to sleet/freezing rain almost as soon as I got started. I just came in, so almost 3 hours of slipping, sliding, lifting heavy snow/slush. Of course the snowplow came as soon as I was done with the end of the driveway so I had to do it again, but that's better than trying to shovel what was there with what he added to it, I guess. I'm wet to the bone, but in dry clothes now and worshipping the bowl of hot veggie soup from the crockpot in my hands. Blech and phooey!
    Count your blessings!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm so sick of these snow spells. I'm also sick of employers asking for 5 yrs of experience(on what? answering a phone?) just to be considered for a position. Argh!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3292504;
    No freezing stuff here, just barely above freezing nasty cold rain; I'm not sure what it's supposed to do later. Famita, I'd still rather have this than 90 degrees and 90 humidity; I have enough clothes to stay warm, if I'll just put them on. But when it's that hot, I hjave to stay inside, in the AC.

You and me, both!! It's in the mid-20s, and that ain't bad, considering!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3292553;
    We had about 5-6" of wet snow when I headed out to shovel around 1:00 but turned to sleet/freezing rain almost as soon as I got started. I just came in, so almost 3 hours of slipping, sliding, lifting heavy snow/slush. Of course the snowplow came as soon as I was done with the end of the driveway so I had to do it again, but that's better than trying to shovel what was there with what he added to it, I guess. I'm wet to the bone, but in dry clothes now and worshipping the bowl of hot veggie soup from the crockpot in my hands. Blech and phooey!

Remember that email I sent you?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Here's how thick the ice was on my car this morning. Yes that is solid ice, I had already brushed the snow off.

Leaving my complex

On the freeway going to the hospital

Coming home this afternoon after the snow stopped.

Yeeck!

I don't know how you guys are able to stand all that snow and ice! I'm sending warm thoughts your way

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3292804;
    Remember that email I sent you?
    Yes - I forwarded it to my sister and she changed it to PA and sent it to all her friends. Darned snowplow drivers.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3292333;
    and I can't believe that I carped about the 80 and 90 degree weather we had this summer!
    Will remind you of this post in July when we're all carping about the heat and humidity.

Wow Unk, that's a winter wonderland, unless you have to drive in it. How's Zac?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

AmyLee, are you also taking into account the number of years you answered the family phone? and took messages for your family?

Unk, I'm glad you were able to get to the hospital to see Zac-how's he doing?

My son called while I was at work yesterday and he walked over to my house to do some shoveling for me. While there, someone with a snowplow came by and asked if she could plow my driveway. He, of course, said yes, so I went home last night to a freshly plowed driveway. I'll have to find out who it was so I can give them some money. I sooooo appreciated it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Our schools are shut down for the rest of the week (since Tuesday), and a lot of people are housebound. Lots of people without power; highly reminescent of Hurricane Ike. We'll see upper 30s, upper 40s this weekend. I'll wait for it to thaw; I'm not shoveling ANYTHING! (It's mostly ice, anyway.)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread