+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My new neighbor's son coughs into the air! Straight into the air! I just look at him like you've got to be kidding me! I tell him to cover his mouth so he coughs into the air and then covers his mouth. I give up.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't Give Up!!! You keep bugging him; he'll go home and bug his family!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I work with over 300 kids ages 5-11 every day. They use the computers in my room and of course they touch the books they check out from me. They sneeze on me, hang at my desk and tell me how bad their throats hurt, cough on me, hug me with head lice, etc., etc. I think that is called immunotherapy! (Knock on wood) I am very rarely sick. I missed 3 days of work the first 8 years I was at my job. And have not called in sick at all for many years. But I do wash my hands constantly!

My sympathies go to MRD and any of you who are not feeling well.

Cootie, I've read that frequent and thorough hand-washing is the most effective weapon against rugrats' germs. That, and a kick-ass immune system! You're lucky that your body is able to use the kids' germs as a vaccine -- I envy you!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

We're on a level 2 snow alert, don't go out if you don't have to. I'm on my way to the hospital as Zac has been in for a couple of days. He's going through some very strong chemo right now and getting his butt kicked with it. He's lost all his hair and I've shaved my down all the way. Yep it's the Kojak/Yul Brenner look for me now.
    Her's my car this morning. I've brushed the snow off, it's encrusted in ice.

I'll get some pictures of the bald boys and post it later.

MRD

Oh Unk, stay safe and warm and sending very special prayers and good thoughts for Zac and his grandfather, Kojak. My advice: get some lollypops. "who loves ya, baby?"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Snow, ice, sleet, freezing rain storm from hell. Heard tree limbs cracking and falling all night. The gurls reacted like it was July 4th...terrified, and they disappeared. This morning, my back yard is loaded with tree debris but, for now, at least we still have power.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Sending warm and safe thoughts for everyone in the storm's path. We are getting rain and lots of wind, but it's a sultry 57 here today.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

and I can't believe that I carped about the 80 and 90 degree weather we had this summer!

No freezing stuff here, just barely above freezing nasty cold rain; I'm not sure what it's supposed to do later. Famita, I'd still rather have this than 90 degrees and 90 humidity; I have enough clothes to stay warm, if I'll just put them on. But when it's that hot, I hjave to stay inside, in the AC.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread