+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Did you win any money Ellen?
    No money, but I won an incredibly wonderful trip to Maui.
    Is Alex Trebek as cute in person as he appears on the screen? Tell us about your experience, if you don't mind....
    Yes -- not only very handsome and well-dressed, but funny as well. His sense of humor doesn't come out so much on-camera; he holds back quite a bit during taping so as not to distract the contestants. But off-camera? Hilarious! He does a great imitation of Dustin Hoffman as Rainman.
    This is one of the most difficult shows to get on
    Between the written test and the on-camera audition, they don't make it easy; that's for sure!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I hope everyone who is ill, feels better really soon. I hate being sick. yuck.

I'm really good at Jeopardy in my living room, but I'm sure if I got on the show I would just freeze up.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3289798;
    . . . I'm really good at Jeopardy in my living room, but I'm sure if I got on the show I would just freeze up.
    "Jeopardy!" is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY easier in jammies on the living room sofa than in business casual with the audience and all the lights-camera-action stuff!

My one trivia story . . .

I had a sister-in-law who fancied herself to be quite good at trivia, and she was always trying to get me into a game of Trivial Pursuit. I told her time and again that I do not care for trivia, nor did I want to play any trivia games. Finally she asked one too many times, and we played. I kicked her butt all the way around the board, and she was not happy. She said, "I thought you said that you weren't any good at trivia!" I told her that I never said that, just that I didn't like trivia.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3289449;
    I have a cousin that coughed so hard last year during a bout of this she tore her larynax and almost bled to death. As I was coughing up a lung last night, I kept thinking about that and how easy/hard would that be to do? Because I don't think I've ever coughed like I did last night.
    That is terrible. I have had a couple of bouts of bronchitis over the last few years and last time I actually coughed so hard I made myself throw up (I know, TMI). It never occurred to my that something like that could happen from a severe coughing attack!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3290018;
    "Jeopardy!" is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY easier in jammies on the living room sofa than in business casual with the audience and all the lights-camera-action stuff!
    My parents and sisters are always trying to get me to apply for "Jeopardy", "Millionaire' , "Smarter than a Fifth Grader" and the like. But I know what you just daid is true--if I didn't freeze, I'd blurt out the answer without saying "WHAT IS --how many yards in a mile' or somehow else break the rules. OK, I think at least Rosiedog, ElizabethG and I should seriously try to plan a get together when it warms up a bit--anyone else who cares to can come. Trivia, with a possible visit to the range earlier in the day, before any drinks!

For the coughers--I'm sorry to hear it. When I smoked, I developed a horrible, hacking cough and chronic bronchitis. It's horrible because it just wears you out from lack of sleep and the coughing itself. Take care of yourselves, and add 2 Mucinex to your cold meds--it really helps. MRD, sounds like the flu (otherwise known as "hell") to me, only maybe not so bad as you could have had without the shot. After all, you can still type, if you stay in bed. Here's hoping it doesn't get any worse.
    Last edited by queenb; 01-27-2009 at 05:50 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Ok, a day of shooting, trivia and drinks. I'm in, although i haven't been to the range in years and now that I have to wear glasses, I'm not sure how good a shot I'd be. But I used to be fairly good. Oh and my hands shake now. (ya'll probably don't want to go shooting with me now, but I promise I'm not as bad as Dick Cheney. )
    Now that I'm feeling better Elizabeth, I don't think I'll need your services, but I'll keep you in mind next time.

I tried out for Jeopardy and it was HARD, so kudos to Elllen for getting on the show. How smart is that Ken Jennings guy then? Man, I was rooting for him a couple years ago.
    But I don't really like Alex Trebek, so I record it, and I fastforward past everything but the actual game part. My husnand teases me because I always fast forward past the "chatting" with the contestants. I don't like the chatting. You can watch Jeopardy in 15 min. minus commercials, chatting and some of Alex's stupid comments.
    I call it Speed Jeopardy.

Oh, yeah, this is the flu alright and it hit fast and hard and within 2 days all 4 of us were sick as dogs. Mine has not been as bad as the others. But we all had flu shots and I've been sucking down Airborne like it was koolaid and I think that's why I'm not quite as sick as the others. I do have a really deep sexy voice now. The coughing isn't so bad and wasn't last night (Thank you Delsym and alka seltzer), but I'm sore from coughing.
    I do feel MUCH better today. The others are still groaning in bed.

I'm telling you that I got it at school. My first class, they wheeze, sneeze, cough, blow and carry on like it's the infectious disease ward at the hospital. I swear a room of 5 year olds would be a healthier place to be for 90 min. I have half a mind to go in this morning and lysol all the desks and spray myself down as well and form a "barrier".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When I go to the community center, which is really rather small with way too many little germy gremlins, as soon as I get home, I wash my hands immediately, and do the neti pot routine (actually, before and after). And I never, never let any of those germlings use my pen. Now, I'm in the process of teaching them how to cough/sneeze into their elbows instead of spraying everybody and everything.

Nasty.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

and it makes you wonder what their parents are teaching them!

Luckily, the parents of the kids I tutor have already taught them how to cough/sneeze into their elbows! (I wish the parents of the rest of the kids in that library would do the same!)

+ Reply to Thread