+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5651Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I am seldom a cougher. I could probably count on one hand the times, in my lifetime, that I've had a hacking cough. So why do I keep Delsym in the house?? I guess the 1-2 times has left a pretty bad memory.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Not even the Delsym was stopping this last night. And I'm at the point where I'm just swigging out of the bottle, forget the measuring spoon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3289442;
    Oh, please, someone just come shoot me and put me out of the misery.
    .38, .44 or semi-auto?

I'm with you and Queenb about the trivia....love it, love it, love it! Up until about 3 weeks ago I attended trivia night at a local wings place and my team won just about every week. One of my good friends was the geography whiz, I covered English and History, two teenagers handled most music, t.v. and movies (except the "old" stuff, you know before 1995!!) and we had a couple of guys that knew everything there is to know about sports. Alas, the wing shop owners decided they were spending too much on paying the trivia masters and shelling out for prizes, so they shut it down. Still looking for a replacement venue......

MRD, hope you and your family feel better soon. When you're all better, teach those doggies to drive! And fetch!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3289464;
    Not even the Delsym was stopping this last night. And I'm at the point where I'm just swigging out of the bottle, forget the measuring spoon.
    You're supposed to measure?????

We have to get prescription strength Tussinex with codeine in it to even begin to quiet the coughing in my house.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

MRD

Elizabeth, whatever you think would work the best and the fastest. I hope you're a good shot.

That trivia thing sounds like fun. Too bad they shut it down. I know someone that plays in a team like you said. He's invited me, but I don't care much for him so I haven't ever gone. Who knows, maybe he has a personality when he plays trivia?

My head is so full of stupid trivia that no wonder I can't remember the stuff I'm supposed too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3289472;
    Elizabeth, whatever you think would work the best and the fastest. I hope you're a good shot.

That trivia thing sounds like fun. Too bad they shut it down. I know someone that plays in a team like you said. He's invited me, but I don't care much for him so I haven't ever gone. Who knows, maybe he has a personality when he plays trivia?

My head is so full of stupid trivia that no wonder I can't remember the stuff I'm supposed too.
    Yeah, I'm a pretty good shot. We have to qualify every year on the range (for the job) and I frequently go hunting with my husband.

I have observed that if a person really doesn't have much of a personality in everyday life, playing trivia just brings out the really irritating aspects. Does that make sense? Put another way, if a guy is a "blah" in everyday, when he is playing competitive trivia, he is likely a "blah with an attitude". (Yeah, I'm thinking of someone from another team we've played.)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3289442;
    No one will play with me anymore either. I LOVE trivia and I have about 6 or 7 editions of Trivial Pursuit. I also LOVE Jeopardy. . . .Queenb, we'll just have to plan a girls night and play some trivia . . .
    Can I play, too?
    P.S. I was on "Jeopardy!" . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Did you win any money Ellen?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3289492;
    Can I play, too?
    P.S. I was on "Jeopardy!" . . .
    What?!? When? Oh, that's terrific! How did you do? Is Alex Trebek as cute in person as he appears on the screen? Tell us about your experience, if you don't mind....

Ellen, I'm impressed, too. My sister made it to the elimination at Sony, but then she got eliminated before being able to appear. This is one of the most difficult shows to get on, so you definitely have bragging rights here.

+ Reply to Thread