+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I always thought Erinie was a doll. So was Cookie Monster.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

MRD
    Ya know, now that mine is 15, I kind of miss watcing Seasame Street with her. I thought it was a great show. Better than that annoying sappy purple dinosaur. EGADS, I hated Barney.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Same here, Myrosiedog. I refused to allow my daughter to watch Barney. I have been told it was mean, but I don't care. Nick Jr was much better, IMO.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Our kid is a very strange little boy. He doesn't like (as in is afraid) any cartoon characters except maybe Sponge Bob and Dora. Those three little baby characters that always fall down that hill, are they Teletubbies?, anyway, he hates them. He's terrified of clowns, but the strange part is, he will walk into a cave without hesitation, camp out in the woods with his dad, roam my dark backyard half the night and many other things that I would have found very scarey when I was a kid.

Mudah My little nephew is the same way. He is terrified by Mickey Mouse. He also "hates" the Camels at the zoo.... Not sure why. However, he LOVES snakes, lizards, bugs and all creepy-crawly things. He spends about one weekend a month with my parents and my Mom basically does a strip seach on him before she lets him in the house. I'm thinking that I might get the nephew an Ant Farm for Christmas.....
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

My kids loved Barney, I didn't mind him at all. My oldest also loved Lampchop however which sent me over the edge. That show drove me nuts.

My kids were not fan of clowns at all. We went to the circus one time and a clown came up into the stand, both of my kids hide behind me. Actually I find clowns rather creepy.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

How about Mr. Rogers? Any of your kids watch that show?

I don't know why, but I never knew that kids were afraid of clowns until my older grandson was about six, or so. He was good friends with a boy who lived behind him and that boy was about 9. On my grandkids birthday, his mother had a clown come. That nine year old kid hid behind the island in the kitchen and absolutely hovered there until the clown left. I remember thinking how stupid he looked but now I understand that he really WAS afraid.

We had a little carnival thing here a couple of weeks ago. Actually if you'd like to visit the site, it's www.internationalgoatfestival.com. Anyway, our little kid had finally worked up enough courage to talk to a clown, at arms length. It worked out pretty well until the clown wanted to high five the kid.
    He was wearing some kind of long red glove things with fingers about a foot long, not including the inches long nails. That sent the kid over the edge in short order. Back to square one on the clowns I guess.

A-1, you slipped in on me. I liked Mr Rogers a lot and thought he was a good influence on kids. My grandkids could take him, or leave him. Of course, my older kids were raised on Captain Kangaroo.

I loved Captain Kangaroo. I watched him every single day. He and Mr Green Jeans! I use to love when all those ping pong balls would come tumbling down.

When I was young, I sometimes watched the Howdy Doodie show. I liked Princess Summerfallwinterspring. She was a beautiful marionette, Indian Princess. Clarabell the clown was on it, and either couldn't, or didn't speak. He just honked one of those irritating horns like some kids used to have on their bikes. Underneath all that clown gear lived Captain Kangaroo, but of course, he wasn't the captain at that time. I can't remember that mans name to save my life. Was it Bob Keeshan?

+ Reply to Thread