+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5914Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3285514;

But I have to say, and probably am the only one who feels this way, that the white gown Michelle Obama wore was not flattering to her. I think if any hollywood actress wore that to the Oscars they would wind up on the next day's "miss" list. I thought it was too frilly and she had to keep messing with it while dancing. .
    You're not. I didn't watch any of last night's coverage, so maybe it looked better on tv than in still pictures, but I thought it looked like some hybrid of a bridal gown, a dust ruffle, and a toga costume (so I suppose that would be a bed sheet). I prefer a sleeker look in general, so the frills were a "no" for me, and I only ever intend on wearing a white dress at my wedding because white dresses don't usually do my physique any favors, and really, the choice mystified me.

But then, so did the baby pink and orange combination (love pink, hate orange, and don't like the pairing) so maybe it's just me. Now, as I said in the other thread, I loved/want Malia's coat. She looked beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3285666;
    Jill Biden has had her doctorate in Education for many years. I was glad that they finally gave her due credit for it yesterday. Maybe this country can put more emphasis on Education that way.
    I hope that yesterday marks the end of the U.S.'s "dumbing down" era.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3286028;
    I hope that yesterday marks the end of the U.S.'s "dumbing down" era.
    Hear!! Hear!!! I have never understood the celebration of ignorance that has seem so prevalent these past few years.

Missy, my first reaction to Michelle's gown was that it reminded me of a bedspread my grandmother used to have that had those kind of flowers stuck all over it. It was more prom dress looking. I think she'll find her style. I didn't care for the dress she wore the night of the election either and today's number wasn't flattering either. But I think you'll see her figuring out her style soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, I agree with you there. She'll definitely find her style, but hopefully that wasn't it, and that's why I was really surprised to see People et al raving about it. Alas.

All of this discussion of the dress is getting me in the mood for my favorite Oscar night sport...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I thought the one shoulder was a good dress, i also like a purple number she did months ago. Obama, however has severely let me down. What with being a lefty. I demand a recount!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3286181;
    I thought the one shoulder was a good dress, i also like a purple number she did months ago. Obama, however has severely let me down. What with being a lefty. I demand a recount!
    According to this article, a recount wouldn't do much good as John McCain is also left-handed.

List of Left Handed Presidents Grows with Barack Obama
    Barack Obama may be the first black president and the third youngest, but he is also one of a growing list of left-handed presidents.

Four of the last six US presidents--Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton--have been southpaws. That's an unusually high proportion considering that lefties make up just seven to nine percent of the population. In total, six of the last 12 presidents since the end of World War II have been left-handed.

Studies show that having a southpaw in the White House may not be such a bad thing. Some studies indicate that lefties are more likely to have bilateral brain function, which could help them see big-picture issues. Lefties may also have betters verbal skills, something that Obama--a noted orator--has in abundance.

Even if Obama had lost the election, a southpaw would have been sworn in as President today. Obama's opponent during the 2008 election, John McCain, is also left-handed.

Here is a complete list of left-handed presidents:

James A. Garfield
    Herbert Hoover
    Harry S. Truman
    Gerald Ford
    Ronald Reagan
    George H.W. Bush
    Bill Clinton
    Barack Obama
    I am proud to be a southpaw!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I liked Michelle's dress. I usually like a sleeker look too, but I thought she looked lovely and the ivory color contrasted beautifully with her dark skin.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I loved the color, also. I personally thought she looked good, but a plainer style would have made her look beautiful!

I thought Michelle looked elegant and beautiful. Just love watching this couple together!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I always wished I was left-handed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread