+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6989Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3285401;
    Remind me not to ask Jill Biden to be my maid of honor. Everything she wore screamed, "Look at me!". Other than that, I have never been prouder to be an American.
    You mean DOCTOR Jill Biden??? I heard then call her that ALL day yesterday. I didn't know she had that title and had never heard it before and on MSNBC it got to the point that it almost felt like they had gotten a big nasty memo to only refer to her that way.

She does like red though doesn't she?

Quite honestly I liked her dress better than Michelle's. Not that Michelle's was ugly, it wasn't. I just preferred the more more classic, simple style of Jill's to Michelle's which as the night wore on, seemed kind of fussy as she tugged and pulled at it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I loved the RED outfits. Both Michelle and Jill are lovely ladies and I'm looking forward to the fashions to come. and the Obama girls are just so darn cute! As the market tanked once again yesterday, but we are still smiling.

On the left handed thing, my husband always notices because he is a lefty. A very disproportionate number of presidents have been left handed compared to the general population. It's interesting.

What a fairytale! It almost seems unreal that we actually put race aside and voted for the ideals. I loved his inaugural address.

I'm still catching up with watching the inauguration on tape since I had to work yesterday. I could feel the excitement through the airwaves. Definitely an historic moment.

But I have to say, and probably am the only one who feels this way, that the white gown Michelle Obama wore was not flattering to her. I think if any hollywood actress wore that to the Oscars they would wind up on the next day's "miss" list. I thought it was too frilly and she had to keep messing with it while dancing. .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I get the impression she doesn't normally wear gowns like that. I thought she looked beautiful because she was beaming light everywhere. I loved their dance.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm making transcripts of the inaugural address available to my students today if they want them. I've had a few takers.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I LOVE red! Not every woman has the confidence to wear red. I say, good for Dr. Jill! She wore it well. As much as I love and respect Michelle, I wish she'd relax and give her full smile, moreso than she does. I don't think that tight-lipped smile is very attractive on her, whereas her open full smile is quite lovely.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Jill Biden has had her doctorate in Education for many years. I was glad that they finally gave her due credit for it yesterday. Maybe this country can put more emphasis on Education that way.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3285647;
    I LOVE red! Not every woman has the confidence to wear red. I say, good for Dr. Jill! She wore it well. As much as I love and respect Michelle, I wish she'd relax and give her full smile, moreso than she does. I don't think that tight-lipped smile is very attractive on her, whereas her open full smile is quite lovely.
    Well, then should have seen me today. I had on a red turtleneck sweater and a plaid blazer that had red and brown and beige in it and red socks and bright red lipstick! I like red a lot too.

Noreality, thanks for posting that. I had NO idea. It's just that we haven't heard her referred to as Dr. and it started to get a little overdone and obvious like all the media got taken to task for not using it before which they should have been. Anyone that works that hard for it, should get to use "dr."
    I'm like you, with a Ph.D in education, maybe that will put an emphasis on it in this administration.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread