+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3282955;
    . . . i've lived in the great lakes area my whole life and i'm SICK of five-six months of cold/snow (typically oct through march). i do want to relocate, and that desire grows every year! . . .
    I grew up in the Great Lakes area as well (Milwaukee), and NEVER liked winter.
    So at age 28 I just made up my mind to stop talking and start doing! I did a little research, found a decent enough temporary job and apartment, and moved to San Diego. That was in 1986, and I've never regretted it! The only other place I could imagine living is San Francisco, because the general attitudes are more progressive there than here.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3282947;
    It's a gorgeous area. I can see the Blue Ridge mountains in the distance from my house (maybe this qualifies me to run for mayor. ) and they are gorgeous. Never tire of that sight. And the area and city are equally nice.
    It sounds great and you certainly have better weather than we do here in MN!! The closest I have ever been to that area was a trip that I took to N Carolina for some training at work - I got to visit in Jan while they were having an ice storm in MN so Raleigh seemed even more fantastic!! The down side was getting stuck in Chicago overnight on the way beck because the airports had closed!

I'm glad you are liking S Carolina!

MRD

Raleigh is nice too. But it does get colder there than here. Not a lot, but it's farther North than we are.

I still have to say that growing up and living in Florida for so long, that I'm not a huge fan of the cold. I don't think I could live where some of you live with all that snow. I kind of like the fact that it doesn't snow often here. But we should wake up to the white stuff in the morning. The good thing about it? It will have melted and be gone by Wed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3283595;
    Raleigh is nice too. But it does get colder there than here. Not a lot, but it's farther North than we are.

Oh my goodness, does it ever! I realize it was probably the one weekend a year that the weather is like this, but I was in Durham this weekend and it was bone-chillingly cold. 8 degrees at 7 am, 13 degrees at 9 am... absolutely freezing. It was mid 40s today and it felt like spring.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3283908;
    Oh my goodness, does it ever! I realize it was probably the one weekend a year that the weather is like this, but I was in Durham this weekend and it was bone-chillingly cold. 8 degrees at 7 am, 13 degrees at 9 am... absolutely freezing. It was mid 40s today and it felt like spring.
    now see, i think i can handle the cold as long as it's only a day or two. up here, it's 0 degrees for weeks at a time. it's supposed to be 30 degrees tomorrow and i can't tell you how excited i am! but back down to the teens by the weekend.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3283908;
    No, they get weather like that throughout winter. Maybe not ALWAYS that cold, but that's a fairly normal temp. for this time of year there. They just don't get a lot of snow either. They get more than us, but still not huge amounts.

MRD

OK, so I did a really stupid thing last night and I'm paying for it. I was helping my hubby carry in bags and it was dark outside, but the lights on inside. I walked INTO the clear glass storm door going full blast. I mean, I could see inside the house and I guess I somehow forgot it was there. The regular door inside was open and I just didn't even think about the storm door. And of course, I hit face first. Today my nose is swollen, there's a bump across the bridge of it and it's sore all the way up in my forehead. There is some bruising too. He wanted me to go to the dr. and I refused as what can they do??? It's not crooked. I don't know if it's broken or not. Sure hurts like the dickens though.

What makes this stupid is this is the 2nd time in 3 years that I've done this. You'd think I would learn right? My faceprint is now on the glass of the door.
    I have a slight cold and it is killing me to have to blow my nose.

I can't believe I did such a dumb thing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

See? This would be a good time for you to be a neti pot user! Would cut down on your blowing. Seriously, sorry for your pain.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Here we go folks!! Is anyone else here watching the inauguration?
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 01-20-2009 at 12:12 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3284394;
    Here we go folks!! Is anyone else here watching the inauguration?
    I watched it at work (with my manager's blessing ). I thought it was so adorable after he was sworn in that one of his girls gave him the "thumbs up". He and Michelle are both so sweet to watch with their kids!!

+ Reply to Thread