+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6247Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've been getting spam txt messages too. It is very annoying and I never reply to them because they'll know it's a legit phone number if I do.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I couldn't breathe if my thermostat was set to 80. For some reason, the heat being on higher than say 75 makes me really struggle to breathe. I don't have that problem when it's hot outside.

I didn't keep our thermostat high when my daughter was a baby, but she would kick her blanket off, so I always bought footy pj's for her. Well when she was about 3 or 4, she finally was able to tell me that she was hot and didn't like the covers or the footie pj's. I felt horrible because I assumed she'd be cold and therefore kept her covered up all the time.

my daughter LOVES Hello Kitty, b ut she isn't getting a $90 HK birthstone necklace. She's turning 18 in April and diamond is her birthstone so I'm trying to figure out what a good gift would be for her.
    She did get a Hello Kitty toaster for Christmas that makes Hello Kitty faces in the toast. Our toaster was on it's last leg and she had seen this one and wanted it and Target put it on sale for $10 about 3 or 4 days before Christmas. But most of her other Hello Kitty stuff is limited to socks, hair barrettes and some cheaper earrings and necklaces.

Miss Kitty, what ARE you wearing to the inauguration???
    My neighbor showed me his actual invitation. I was impressed. Unfortunately, he is not able to go. He is a state senator so I assumed he received his because of that, but I felt it rude to ask him why he got one.
    For some reason none of us know, my brother got one to the Bush 2001 inauguration. He did not go. Hates Bush. He will be celebrating his 60th birthday tomorrow and his best ever gift is that Bush is leaving office and Obama is coming in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3282691;
    Upstate S. Carolina at the foot of the Blue Ridge. They've already gotten snow about 25 miles from us yesterday and today, but that's in the mountains. We thankfully do NOT get the snow that they get. We usually get rain.
    sounds like i need to move to your area!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3282787;
    THE INVITATION....I have mine...do you have yours?!
    very cool! my co-worker brought hers to work when she got it ... it looks so awesome.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3282943;
    sounds like i need to move to your area!
    It's a gorgeous area. I can see the Blue Ridge mountains in the distance from my house (maybe this qualifies me to run for mayor. ) and they are gorgeous. Never tire of that sight. And the area and city are equally nice. Not expensive to live. Lots of stuff to do that is either free or inexpensive. And lots of other stuff to do too: 2 concert venues, a city symphony, art and history museums, several colleges. Just a great place. Tends to be very conserative in both religion and politics, but not everyone is like that and I have finally found the "right" friends. (they are probably the "left" friends, here. )
    And the weather is not bad. 4 distinct seasons, but winter is mostly rain and it does get cold. But we've learned that just when you are about tired of either summer or winter, the weather changes.

I should work for the chamber of commerce.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3282947;
    ...And the weather is not bad. 4 distinct seasons, but winter is mostly rain and it does get cold. But we've learned that just when you are about tired of either summer or winter, the weather changes...
    that's the main selling point for me. i've lived in the great lakes area my whole life and i'm SICK of five-six months of cold/snow (typically oct through march). i do want to relocate, and that desire grows every year! just need to line up a place to live and a job first LOL

MRD, I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles to breathe when it's hot. We've had over 80 degree weather with horrid winds for 2 weeks now and my breathing problem has come back. It always feels like someone is sitting on my back and pushing my lungs in.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Bug, my mom was like that too. It's a form of asthma is what I've been told.

BFD, you'd love it here. You can go barefoot a lot!

What type of job do you do? I know that jobs are hard to come by right now, but this area has a good record as far as jobs until just very recently. Even so, we're not nearly as bad as some parts of the country and we're a lot better than most of the rest of the same state.

You know, the doctor told me it was asthma as well. He gave me the prescription for the inhaler and it never really worked. As soon as the heat and dryness went away, so did my breathing problem. I always figure it may be because I'm so irritated with the heat that my anxiety is working overtime!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I don't even have an inhaler. The heat outside doesn't bother me. Just the dry heat in the house if the thermostat is too hot.

plus, I tell everyone that like President Carter said way back in 1976: you can just put a sweater on if it's too cold in here.

+ Reply to Thread