+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6539Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It's funny how I've slowly gotten used to the cold and I too ran errands on Fri. when it was in the 20's with just sweats on and no coat.

We had sleet and snow this morning then the sun out and it warmed up. We are supposed to have snow flurries tomorrow morning too.

We have been spoiled as it's been mild here all winter. I've gone out in just shirtsleeves for most of Dec. and the first part of Jan. as highs were in the 50's and 60's. Not this week.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It's times like this that I dream of moving to a warmer state. I thankfully have kept my water throughout this latest dip, but have my thermostat set to 80. I know I might not like my gas bill, but it's been saving me a plumber bill, too. And my car has thankfully started every morning, too.

MRD

Well its supposed to rain all afternoon, then turn to sleet, then to snow and of course we'll have ice as well. It's supposed to go through tomorrow. ALL of my classes canceled for the inauguration except German which is right when the inauguration is supposed to take place. I am praying for a snow day so that will be cancelled too and I can stay home and watch the inauguration. (I've never lived where I could pray for a snow day before, it's kind of cool. )

I've been trying to send my husband to the store for 2 hours to pick up a few things because of the inclement weather coming. He hasn't budged. I told him that there wouldn't be any milk, eggs or bread if he didn't get a move on. (I really want diet coke and pretzels, but we do need eggs and milk and a couple things to go with supper tonight). He's going to fool around until it gets nasty and then I'll worry about him being on the road.

I really wanted these really good peanut butter and chocolate cookies from Fresh Market, but they aren't selling them because of the peanut butter scare. I didn't really need them anyway, someone is trying to tell me something.

FAmita, we're not nearly as warm as Florida, but it's also not too cold here. We get a few really nasty days a year in winter, but that's it. The past month or so it's been rainy, but the temps have been in the 50's and 60's. So move here. We could sip hot toddies to keep warm.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3282676;
    FAmita, we're not nearly as warm as Florida, but it's also not too cold here. We get a few really nasty days a year in winter, but that's it. The past month or so it's been rainy, but the temps have been in the 50's and 60's. So move here. We could sip hot toddies to keep warm.
    Where are you located now MRD?

MRD

Upstate S. Carolina at the foot of the Blue Ridge. They've already gotten snow about 25 miles from us yesterday and today, but that's in the mountains. We thankfully do NOT get the snow that they get. We usually get rain.

Last night while flipping channels, I ended up on QVC. They had some of the cutest necklace pendants made of that diamonique stone and they were Hello Kitty!! They had all of the birth signs....... I almost bought one but they are $90. Too much for me to spend on something that isn't made of real diamonds!

If you go to the QVC site you can search Hello Kitty. They are so adorable! Sigh....
    Yup, with donuts!!

if you go to qvc.com, it is the special for the day (89.64). in your birthstone too.

cute, but I'm not into Hello Kitty , or jewelry for that matter.
    and I have vowed to avoid qvc for awhile.

I love Hello Kitty....there's so much out there..and the prices are cheap for knock-offs and ridiculously high for Kimora Lee Simmons real diamond pieces. I noticed that a jewellry store had 3 Hello Kitty necklaces on sale during Christmas. Their ads were on tv. I've never, ever, seen that before. And no, I didn't get one.
    ----------------------

THE INVITATION....I have mine...do you have yours?!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I've always loved Hello Kitty. I wouldn't want to purchase anything right now because it's a fashion trend and all places are hiking up prices because "celebrities" are wearing the jewelery.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

famita, I'm busy being in shock over you keeping your temperature at 80 degrees!!! WHOA!!! You must walk around totally naked!!

I've seen very young mothers who keep their heat on a high temperature, and then they wonder why their babies are sick; the babies are crying and miserable. Babies just don't tolerate that mess that well, idiot mothers! Ignorance is so scary.

I received a text message at 2:30 am from some site ("limbo.com") that gave me my weather for the next several days. At the end of the message it said, "Talk smack! Reply SM." WTH?? I never subscribe to anything like that. Anybody else had something stupid like this happen? The only good part about this was that they gave you a way to unsubscribe........something you never subscribed to anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread