+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6170Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

What a bunch of sissies. Back when I was a kid, during the Ice Age, it didn't get above -85° in our cave for eleven years. Even the fire was frozen. We had to walk 37 miles (each way, uphill, and on glaciers) every day to the school cave, and I bet none of you have had to ward off a pack of rabid saber-tooth tigers to get the morning newspaper.

You have it too easy, whippersnappers!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3279995;
    What a bunch of sissies. Back when I was a kid, during the Ice Age, it didn't get above -85 in our cave for eleven years. Even the fire was frozen. We had to walk 37 miles (each way, uphill, and on glaciers) every day to the school cave . . .
    . . . and in nothing but green Speedos, no doubt!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Nyuk, nyuk. On a different topic, I realized that we are having our professional development during the inauguration!!! I wanted to tape that! I'll have to get my daughter to do it at home. I don't have those new-wave DVD taping options. I'm talking video.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After these ridiculously frigid temps (it's finally 11 here, now), they're predicting 38-40 tomorrow. HUH?? I'm not complaining though. We've not really had any snow and I don't have to go out unless I really want to....and I don't.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3279875;
    It's 12 here with a windchill of 0.... That is COLD for these parts, but I know it is tropical compared to a lot of other areas. Mr. Doxie usually walks around barefoot when I am bundled up in sweats. Ha! Tonight, he is all bundled up and is fighting the dog for the electric blanket.

I bet Henry won this fight!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3280055;
    . . . and in nothing but green Speedos, no doubt!
    I didn't discover Speedos until later in life. Mostly I just wore a loincloth made of poison ivy leaves.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newf stop! I nearly spit my coffee out!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I think when I see Newf I will automatically swallow first before reading! I have a vision of an leafy loincloth vs a green speedo-I don't know which one is worse to visualize!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3279995;
    What a bunch of sissies. Back when I was a kid, during the Ice Age, it didn't get above -85 in our cave for eleven years. Even the fire was frozen. We had to walk 37 miles (each way, uphill, and on glaciers) every day to the school cave, and I bet none of you have had to ward off a pack of rabid saber-tooth tigers to get the morning newspaper.

You have it too easy, whippersnappers!
    HA! -we were so poor we didn't even HAVE a fire that could freeze!
    You were rich.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3280204;
    I bet Henry won this fight!!
    Yes he did! Henry just lurked around and waited for Mr. Doxie to fall asleep. THEN he moved in and rooted around and messed up the covers until Mr. Doxie woke up (uncovered and irate ).
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread