+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6179Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3275068;
    I've just been in the doldrums ever since school started back. I just do not feel like working..like just quitting! Normally I really like my job but I feel so lazy. Some contributing factors: the furnace has broken twice in 1 week. Plumbing issues. Not getting much sleep..I think because my cpap isn't working like it should due to weight gain due to quitting smoking. And after all this time..I still would like to smoke. I'm sick of the cold and being tired.
    When I don't sleep, I am exactly like you describe. Try some tylenol Pm and see if you can get a couple decent nights of rest or have them look at your cpap and see if it's the machine's problem.

i wish you all the best. I usually feel exactly like you do this time of year.

And I'm so proud of you for quitting smoking and not smoking now even though you want it. Stay off them! You'll be better for it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks MRD. In order to get my cpap working correctly pressure wise I need to see my dr. She is out of town and my appt. is 2/9. They won't change the pressure without her sayso. I've been doing the tylenol PM on an everyother night basis and after awhile it stops working for me. Don't ya know that changing ones cpap settings is only done by a trained professional.

On other news, an Artic front is moving in. It's going to get really cold for a lot of us.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3275068;
    And after all this time..I still would like to smoke. I'm sick of the cold and being tired.
    Don't even go there! Stay off those cigarettes no matter what. Go get a hot water bottle or your animals, roll up in a blanket and have a nice nap too, and the hell with everything else, also. You deserve it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I agree with Queenb. When I was quitting and the urge to smoke got too strong, I would take a long hot bubble bath. Light some scented candles and go all out. It does get better, I promise.

I gained a lot of weight when I quit smoking too and I had sleep apnea too, which I didn't even know about until I went to see about having weight loss surgery. They have you fill out all these forms and when the doctor was looking at them he asked me about my sleep habits. He told me he thought I had sleep apnea and scheduled me for a sleep clinic. Turned out I had severe sleep apnea and didn't even know it. The cpap machine made such a difference. I didn't realize how little sleep I was getting until I started sleeping well.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3275523;
    buglover
    Can you tell me who the guy is in you avatar? Every time I see it I think it looks like a bizzaro version of Lucas from Days of Our Loves even though I'm sure it is not!
    It's Adrian Brody.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Question of the morning: Will they ever make a sexy-looking cpap? Oh well....I guess as long as it's doing what it's intended to do, that's all that matters.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-13-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shay- I love to scare my kids with it. If they ever make the mistake of coming in on me while I'm sleeping I'll sit up in bed real fast and make crazy "Luke I am your father noises"
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I guess that might freak me out, too! I can just picture it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In light of some of the weight-gain posts yesterday, I probably shouldn't post this, but with very little effort I'm down about 20 pounds since October Another few pounds and I will have a BMI in the "normal" range. Me, normal! Who would have ever thought it?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Take that, , you bum!!!

Seriously, congrats!

+ Reply to Thread