+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6393Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've actually had a decent day and got a LOT accomplished that I needed to get out of the way about 2 weeks ago. So I feel good that I got stuff done finally and am even organized for tomorrow which I needed to be as it's going to be a long day and definetly out of my comfort zone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3274918;
    I think weight loss is like that. Just say: I can get through this day without eating chocolate (or maybe even this hour) and keep repeating. I'm going to try it anyway.

I figure it will work for a lot of things in life. If I look at the small picture, then the larger one isn't so scary. So if I look at it daily instead of the weeks, months and years until I graduate, then I am confident I can do it.
    Excellent advice! I need to remember that when I try and look at the big picture and get discouraged and give in to temptation. I am talking about weight loss people!

I'm learning to reach for raw foods instead of processed snacks. It's so hard because my son loves his chips and cookies in his lunch and he never gains a single ounce of weight ever! He can out eat all of us in the whole family and not even move for months and won't gain a single pound!
    Yup, with donuts!!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3274872;
    We need to not define ourselves by our weight, but by whom we truly are. If we'd just be true to ourselves, instead of whom we think that other people see us as, life would be a lot smoother. Don't Let Someone Else Define You.

You're either a good/great person, or you're not.
    very good post, prhoshay ... thank you.

I've just been in the doldrums ever since school started back. I just do not feel like working..like just quitting! Normally I really like my job but I feel so lazy. Some contributing factors: the furnace has broken twice in 1 week. Plumbing issues. Not getting much sleep..I think because my cpap isn't working like it should due to weight gain due to quitting smoking. And after all this time..I still would like to smoke. I'm sick of the cold and being tired.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

My grandmother quit smoking at 65 and even up to 89 years old she still would sniff my uncle as he came in from having a smoke. She loved it and never really wanted to quit. Weird...she did die from a heart/lung issue directly related to smoking (she was a month away from 90 years old). I wonder how old she may have lived if she had never smoked.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3274982;
    I couldn't get through my work day if I didn't have the FORT to go to!
    We had to do it for half a day today (we found out around noon) and I nearly died of boredom this afternoon. Unfortunately, the nature of my job is such that I really can't leave my seat for any extended period of time and I also have no control over what I can do at any one point. Especially lately, and probably going forward, there's been a lot more down time, and I can really only read the national news for so long without going crazy.

Of course, the proverbial icing on the cake is that if they wanted to prevent us from going to the websites that were causing the problems, there's definitely an easy way of doing so. If large, multinational corporations can do it, I don't see why we can't. And then we'd easily know what we could and couldn't do, rather than having to guess conservatively.

Our company constantly tries to block websites that they feel may be causing problems. The sites they won't block are Myspace, Facebook, the major sites with huge amounts of spam and malware associated to them. Also, You Tube isn't blocked and that sucks our bandwidth down to nearly nothing. Go figure!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Yeah, I wish they would do that. At least I can get FoRT on my Blackberry, and even write posts although it takes me half a century to do that...

buglover
    Can you tell me who the guy is in you avatar? Every time I see it I think it looks like a bizzaro version of Lucas from Days of Our Loves even though I'm sure it is not!

+ Reply to Thread