+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5947Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3272138;
    Well, if you're ever in San Diego, let me know and I'll give you a tour! (I've made friends with the sample lady and the wine lady . . .)

There ya go!
    Yep, that was me you just saw zip past.

Argh! I'm going to vent before I bawl. This weekend I went and bought some pants that fit me. 2 pairs of jeans, one normal and one off white with some lavender in them. Cute and they fit perfectly! This morning I'm all set to wear the off white jeans and I put them on, cute!, then I try to find a top that will match that isn't a sweater because we are having hot weather today and all of the tops are too tight. They make me look like I've stuffed myself into my younger sister's clothing and it is awful. I'm working from home today so that I can wash the 3 pairs of pants (2 black, one brown) that do fit and are work attire along with the 3 shirts that I have that fit as well. I'm so disappointed in myself for allowing these 15lbs to be gained during the holidays. Ok, I feel a little bit better.
    I have been watching my calories and walking daily but I do realize at my age the weight isn't going to magically go away in a week. Argh!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3274660;
    I have been watching my calories and walking daily but I do realize at my age the weight isn't going to magically go away in a week. Argh!
    I'm with you! I just hate that as I get older it just gets harder and harder to maintain the weight I want!!

Today is such a Monday. I've only been back at work for a week since the holidays, but it today I just feel like I'm in the doldrums. I was looking forward to going for a walk at lunchtime, but when I was pulling out my laptop this morning I discovered that I left my iPod at home and I don't like walking without it.

Doesn't it just sometimes get to you that it seems to be SO easy to put the weight on, but almost ten-fold harder to take it back off. I'm definitely the type that can just look at food and gain weight (and breakout).. whereas my brother can eat and drink a heck of a lot more and just never gain.

But every day is a new day! That's how I've come to view it. We have our good days and bad days. And you've got a great attitude towards it bug!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We need to not define ourselves by our weight, but by whom we truly are. If we'd just be true to ourselves, instead of whom we think that other people see us as, life would be a lot smoother. Don't Let Someone Else Define You.

You're either a good/great person, or you're not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Shay, that's so true. However, I feel Buglovers pain when the clothes don't fit and it's so expensive to go buy new ones. I don't think it's a matter of defining yourself by other's sights, but being upset with yourself for having to spend money on clothes in larger sizes. At least for me anyway.

I was agonizing with a friend about going back to school. (yes I'm excited, but I'm also petrified) and she went back to school later in life and she told me that some times she just had to tell herself: I can get through this day only. And then the next day would say it again.
    I think weight loss is like that. Just say: I can get through this day without eating chocolate (or maybe even this hour) and keep repeating. I'm going to try it anyway.

I figure it will work for a lot of things in life. If I look at the small picture, then the larger one isn't so scary. So if I look at it daily instead of the weeks, months and years until I graduate, then I am confident I can do it.

Like I said, works for weight loss and exercise as well and exercise has become my biggest problem. So I'm going to tell myself that I'm going to walk for 30 min. I can get through 30 min. today. And then tomorrow I'll start over again and tell myself I can get through it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3274812;
    Today is such a Monday.
    That is the truth. I've been so ditzy all day. It's so bad my husband told me since it was just my day off to go back to bed!! First I put a pop tart in the toaster and walked away, which would have been ok except I never actually pushed the lever down. The toaster doesn't toast as well that way! I did at least notice I'd done it several feet away from the toaster.

Another thing was I decided I'm not very good at doing my own nails so I set aside money for a manicure. This is only my 3rd manicure by a professional. The first was at our ladies retreat so it was an odd setting and I had already paid for it, the 2nd was a Christmas gift from my boss, so she paid for it. This is the first time for me at this place. The manicurist was asian so a bit of a language barrier. She asked me to pay before I got my nails painted. I thought she didn't trust me and so was making me pay between each thing. I was so tired and confused. It wasn't until after I'd left that I realized she was being nice to me and letting me pay before my nails were wet so that I wouldn't mess them up!!

I called MrCoz again to tell him yet again that today is not my day. I told him I was a rock today but he very sweetly told me I was his pet rock. Good for a laugh anyhow. Guess the blonde in the strawberry blonde is what's showing up today.

Today IS a Monday. Apparently we are having bandwidth problems at work so we aren't allowed to go to most websites. W
    We have a good bit of down time during the day so I was going through FoRT withdrawal. I'm testing out the browser on
    my Blackberry. Not ideal but hopefully it's better than nothing.

I couldn't get through my work day if I didn't have the FORT to go to!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread