+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5899Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

prhoshay:
    Even with my fancy-schmancy list, I had planned to make a broccoli casserole and forgot to get the broccoli!!!
    myrosiedog:
    shay, do you know how many times I've done that? Plan to make something and forget to buy the main ingredient.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! DH and I make up a menu for the week, and then we write the grocery list based on the ingredients for the dishes on the menu (in addition to the every-week stuff). I think it was just this summer that we had beer/garlic shrimp on the menu -- and forgot the shrimp!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

I will now feel less like a dumba** the next time knowing that I'm not alone!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have kind of given up on the whole "grocery list" thing. I never remember where I've placed it when I want to add something to it, and I never remember to bring it with me to the store. Sad. I'm going to be a complete mess by the time I'm old. I am known for buying something that we already have lots of (this so irritates Mr. M ) and skipping the things that we are out of as I am positively certain we have plenty. Kind of a reverse memory thing. I generally try to go up and down all the aisles at the store and hope that my memory is triggered. Sad.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3269965;
    I have kind of given up on the whole "grocery list" thing. I never remember where I've placed it when I want to add something to it, and I never remember to bring it with me to the store. Sad. I'm going to be a complete mess by the time I'm old. I am known for buying something that we already have lots of (this so irritates Mr. M ) and skipping the things that we are out of as I am positively certain we have plenty. Kind of a reverse memory thing. I generally try to go up and down all the aisles at the store and hope that my memory is triggered.
    I apparantly think we need muliple cans of diced tomatos and chicken broth as I always put them in my cart even if they aren't on the list. I now have enough chicken broth and tomatos that should those ever get rationed, we will be fine for months.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

mrd and Ellen......safety in numbers, as they say!!

I've just amended and printed out my next list!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

We now know where to go for those items-Who was it last year that stockpiled something and caused a nationwide shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3269968;
    I apparantly think we need muliple cans of diced tomatos and chicken broth as I always put them in my cart even if they aren't on the list. I now have enough chicken broth and tomatos that should those ever get rationed, we will be fine for months.
    Exactly. Of course, Mr. M feels the need to "mock" when helping to put away the extra broth and tomatoes. Whatcha gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3269968;
    I do this with chicken broth also! Fortunately Mr.Closet doesn't help put away the groceries (because I am a control freak in my kitchen) so he doesn't see when I have ended up with 10 cans of it!

I find that to limit my grocery bill I have to leave the kids at home. I end up with at least twice as much snack food when any of them are along!

On a side note, I have switched almost completely to reusable grocery bags and I love them! I just use the standard 99 cent kind you can get almost anywhere these days. They can hold at least 2 or 3 times as many groceries and that means fewer trips between my house and my car in sub-zero temps this winter!! The only bummer is when I forget to put them back in my car or forget to being them into the store.

Lil Bit: Congratulations on reaching 1,000!

-----
    I think many of our Fort members need to think about investing in the new refrigerator that makes a grocery list for you. It apparently will scan in your items purchased and then make out a list of what you ran out of for you. I don't know how it works exactly, but sounds like it was needed by enough people that they invented it!

grocery list magnet.jpg

Or you can always buy this: Nuance's SmartShopper is an automated grocery list assistant. Using Nuance's state-of-the-art voice recognition technology, you simply press a button on the unit and speak the name of a grocery item you will need on your next shopping trip. A large LCD Screen shows the items that have been input into the unit, in alphabetical order. Then, when you are ready to shop, print out a list with the built-in thermal printer. The SmartShopper comes with a strong magnet which allows you to keep it on the refrigerator...
    $61...
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3270210;

Attachment 25341

Or you can always buy this: Nuance's SmartShopper is an automated grocery list assistant. Using Nuance's state-of-the-art voice recognition technology, you simply press a button on the unit and speak the name of a grocery item you will need on your next shopping trip. A large LCD Screen shows the items that have been input into the unit, in alphabetical order. Then, when you are ready to shop, print out a list with the built-in thermal printer. The SmartShopper comes with a strong magnet which allows you to keep it on the refrigerator...
    $61...
    well, then, both the SmartShopper and my list would both still be stuck to the refrigerator when I get home from shopping ----
    and the coupon sorter that I so carefully update with current coupons will be sitting on the table next to my chair as always.

*we currently have 11 cans of chicken noodle soup.

+ Reply to Thread