+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Merry Ukranian Christmas Miss Kitty.

Good news. I may live! It was questionable yesterday. Thanks all. Still feel like a truck hit me, but at least the tummy isn't trying to revolt any longer. I HATE being sick. I really do. I get so angry when I get sick. I really do take it personally.

I keep a magnetic pad on the fridge and the rule is that if you use the last of something, write it down as I make my grocery list from that. I have had complaints as I put away groceries, that I "didn't buy ___________ and we're out." "Was it written down? No? Then I didn't know about it"

But it seems like dogfood and toilet tissue never make the list.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3269674;

I keep a magnetic pad on the fridge and the rule is that if you use the last of something, write it down as I make my grocery list from that. I have had complaints as I put away groceries, that I "didn't buy ___________ and we're out." "Was it written down? No? Then I didn't know about it"

But it seems like dogfood and toilet tissue never make the list.
    I do this too, many times when I was a kid have I been told to write things down, when they're running out (especially if it's something we use often). Since I've lived on my own I have realised that it is a great idea. I try to tell mr Fatale that he should do it too, after four years of living together, he's getting close to doing it. The turning point was when he woke up one morning and we didn't have any coffee. I don't drink coffee, so I hadn't put it on the list.

What bugs me though is that he doesn't follow this all the time (I don't think I do it either but I try) so that every time we go to the sotre we have to check if we have all basic items, if we could be sure it was on the list we wouldn't have to check every time.

I may sometimes write down when I finish something off so I know to buy again, but for me it is things I do not buy frequently, like peanut butter or jelly. The basics always automatically go on my list: milk, bread, butter, egg beaters, BEER, Joeys hard food and treats, (his canned food gets delivered, I buy that online)...

I'm more likely to make a grocery list and then leave it on the kitchen counter while I go to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3269739;
    I'm more likely to make a grocery list and then leave it on the kitchen counter while I go to the store.
    Thats the way I usually do it too. I get so ticked off when we get to the store and I go to pull my list out of my pocket only to find its not there.

Well it has taken almost 6 years but this is my 1000 post. I didn't think I'd ever get here. I'd like to thank John, the moderators, and of course all the members who have made this a great place to hang around for 6 yrs.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3269768;
    Thats the way I usually do it too. I get so ticked off when we get to the store and I go to pull my list out of my pocket only to find its not there.

Well it has taken almost 6 years but this is my 1000 post. I didn't think I'd ever get here. I'd like to thank John, the moderators, and of course all the members who have made this a great place to hang around for 6 yrs.
    It took me 6 years (and getting laid off from my job) to get to 1000 posts but I'm going strong now!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've made a very customized grocery list template that stays attached to the 'fridge. Like gabriel, I have items that are already checked off for automatic purchase each time....cat litter being an "always". With specifics being on the list, I don't have to worry about getting to the store (about every month and a half) and hoping to remember one of my specifics. When it's grocery time, the first thing I do is take the list off the 'fridge and stick it (and a pen) in my back pocket. The list isn't quite perfect, but it gets tweaked every time I use it. Very convenient and very helpful.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I used to write lists and only buy things on the list, but my mind is going, so I just go down every aisle and use it as exercise time.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Even with my fancy-schmancy list, I had planned to make a broccoli casserole and forgot to get the broccoli!!! My dumb-A was even carrying the recipe for the casserole!!! This kind of brilliance doesn't happen often, but it does happen!!!

(I know what it was....I had the recipe with me, but the broccoli wasn't circled on my template list!! )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3269911;
    I used to write lists and only buy things on the list, but my mind is going, so I just go down every aisle and use it as exercise time.
    My problem with that is that my mind sees things it thinks it HAS to have and then my grocery bill ends up being WAY to high and do I really need that package of Ho-Ho's???

I'm pretty good about sticking to the list and I definetly need a list. There are items that I regularly buy, but then again, I can never remember to buy some things if I've run out of them unless they are on the list.

I need to do a big shop and my problem is that the nice helpful bag boy who takes my groceries out to the car will NOT ride home with me and carry them up the stairs into the house nor put them away. I just do NOT understand why.

shay, do you know how many times I've done that? Plan to make something and forget to buy the main ingredient. At least I don't do like one of my friends did and make tuna casserole and forget to put the tuna in it. She found the can of tuna after they ate and was wondering why the casserole just didn't taste or look right.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread