+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6751Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I saw this product (a gadget, of course), and I was very impressed and would be willing to buy it/try it.

cbs13.com - Buy It And Try It: Flexi Snake
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3268451;
    Has anyone had a plumber in lately? I've got a sllooww washer drain and called a plumber. They wouldn't tell me the cost over the phone but wanted to come take a look and give me an "estimate" OK. So I've had a lot of plumbers in here over the years and have never been told they need to "estimate" a simple drain routing before but whatever. He came out and quoted me $225.00. My mouth fell open and I blurted out "No ship?" Except I really said the OTHER word. I've never paid more than 70 to get this drain done (My house is old) So I sent him on his way and called another guy I've used before and his wife tells me "he'll be giving you an estimate" OMG. I'm scared now. WTH is going on with prices?
    Because for many years those drain cleaning jobs were offset by other jobs, but since the tightening up in the world and people not paying their bills more & more are giving estimates and getting the full cost. 225.00 for a floor drain is relatively normal.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3268009;
    It sure as hell doesn't take much to get a diploma these days, does it?
    i work in a hospital and i can't believe how many spelling and grammar errors by i see throughout the day ... and these are by people with medical degrees! one that i see nearly EVERY DAY is them using "your" instead of "you're". grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Joe the Plumber came by and charged us 110.00. So we saved some over the last estimate. I'm thinking last time we had this drain done 2 years ago it cost 70$. Joe did suggest we put a nylon over the drain to trap lint as this is what builds up and causes slow drains..then clean the nylon every week or so..so I'll be sure to try that.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3268971;
    i work in a hospital and i can't believe how many spelling and grammar errors by i see throughout the day ... and these are by people with medical degrees! one that i see nearly EVERY DAY is them using "your" instead of "you're". grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Totally agree with the your / yo're misuse.
    Would have to add gonna to the list. I have worked with so many people through the years who actually think it is a real word. Very scary......

Just interjecting here to wish all of my Fort friends a very MERRY UKRAINIAN CHRISTMAS!

XMAS.jpg

Srozhdestvom Kristovym...Щиро вітаю з Різдвом та Новим роком !Бажаю веселих свят.

I wish you all a veryMerry Christmas & a Happy New Year! =^.^=
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-07-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3269115;
    Just interjecking here to wish all of my Fort friends a very MERRY UKRAINIAN CHRISTMAS!

(trying to insert photo here)

Srozhdestvom Kristovym...Щиро вітаю з Різдвом та Новим роком !Бажаю веселих свят.

I wish you all a veryMerry Christmas & a Happy New Year! =^.^=

Srozhdestvom Kristovym...Щиро вітаю з Різдвом та Новим роком !Бажаю веселих свят to you also my dear misskitty.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3269121;
    Srozhdestvom Kristovym...Щиро вітаю з Різдвом та Новим роком !Бажаю веселих свят to you also my dear misskitty.
    Thank you! Pyrogys, kobassa, kutya to all!

Kristos Razdayetsya!
    2007Santa1-sm.jpg

Blessings to all!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Stop STOP!! I'm drooling all over my keyboard. My best friends from age 5-about 12 were from the Ukraine and I would LOOOOVE to go over and eat Bridgets cooking....

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3268971;
    Easily my biggest pet peeve as far as grammar is concerned... your/you're. For some reason, it drives me crazy, not to get judgmental or anything.

+ Reply to Thread