+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7290Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Well we just had a bit of excitement. HE is working in the back yard. He came dashing into the house and said that he'd been yelling for me to being a gun! Whoa! I'm really sorry that I didn't hear that one, because in all these years, no one has ever yelled for me to bring a gun. The people behind us have two boxers. One old one, Princess, who I like a lot. A while back they got a younger one but I haven't been around it. For some reason the young one came over and attacked my husband. It was jumping on him and bit his arm. He finally got his huge scout knife from his pocket and kept slashing toward the dog (no, didn't actually slash the dog) while backing into the garage. The dog followed him until he managed to close the door in his face. He was pretty shaken, and no wonder. He called the woman who owns the dogs and she said that the dog was just playing. Well, playing or not, he isn't allowed in this yard again. They need to keep him pinned. I won't have him here when the kid is out playing.
    OMG Muduh, that is scary and the woman totally downplayed it. That is dangerous and you should call the sherriff's office and report it. If they get enough reports of dangerous animals, they have to do something. Especially before someone gets seriously hurt.

I'm glad your hubby is ok. But I had to laugh at what you said about the gun. No one's ever asked me that either and its kind of disappointing in a way. I have this mental picture of you running out of the house with a shotgun kind of like Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies (not that I think you are as old, ugly or hillbilly as Granny )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We just found out that the "playful" dog attacked the old gentleman next door, a few days ago. The man was just outside the back door and managed to get back inside. Something really has to be done.

Vonna, enjoy the Tax-free shopping.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Muduh, you should report it to the animal control officer. It's the dog's owner's responsibility to keep her dog penned, and if the dog is attacking people it should be declared dangerous so that she is legally required to take even more stringent measures to keep the dog in her own yard. I would be calling the sheriff's department immediately.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Muduh, you should report it to the animal control officer. It's the dog's owner's responsibility to keep her dog penned, and if the dog is attacking people it should be declared dangerous so that she is legally required to take even more stringent measures to keep the dog in her own yard. I would be calling the sheriff's department immediately.

I wholeheartedly agree. that dog is a menace. Imagine if he got the kid or the old gentlemen and got them down on the ground, it would be bad. Call and report it and urge the neighbor too as well.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    What is wrong with people? Muduh, there are now two people you know of who've been attacked by this dog. Your husband and your neighbor. Who knows if this dog has attacked anyone else. Join together and report the incident. Your husband should go to the doctor to get the bite checked out as well--to make sure the dog doesn't have rabies etc. Also, it'll be proof that he was bit by a dog, in case you need it for proof later.

That dog was trespassing by being in your yard. Not sure if you have fences between the yards but if not, what's to prevent that dog from coming over again and attacking you or your husband?

That woman should be smacked with a bluetooth wireless cell phone. What kind of idiot downplays a dog bite? That's a serious offense and she really is lucky that both your husband and the other neighbor were quick thinkers. If it had been a small child, the results could've been devastating!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post

That woman should be smacked with a bluetooth wireless cell phone. What kind of idiot downplays a dog bite? That's a serious offense and she really is lucky that both your husband and the other neighbor were quick thinkers. If it had been a small child, the results could've been devastating!
    OK, I know this is serious, but picturing Muduh running outside with her gun and then you say the neighbor needs to be smacked with the blue tooth wireless phone and now I have a picture of Muduh running out to defend hubby with a cell phone: whap, whap whap! Take that you dog or I'm calling the police on this device I just smacked you with.

(sorry, its not taking much to entertain me today)

What I find hilarous is that he said he wasn't frightened, just mad. If that's the case, why stand around yelling for a deaf person to bring a gun?

We don't have a fence but they do. Not sure why the dogs are not penned but most animals out here run free with no problem. Our best buddy lives a couple of doors away and he never stays in his fence. He'd probably stay in OURS if we had one, but not his own. I'm hoping that they will keep it up now that to people have contacted them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Vonna, enjoy the Tax-free shopping.
    No taxes in NYC !!! We pay 7.25% in our small county. Most counties in California pay at least 8% sales tax.

That's a big savings

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Muduh, I want to echo everything Lucy said above. It's all true, and something should be done. The best thing is to let the authorities get onto this as soon as possible.

I hope you get the coppers (i.e., Animal Control) involved immediately.

+ Reply to Thread