+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3268117;
    On the topic of speech. It really bugs me when people say axe instead of ask or conversate instead of converse.
    How about "orientate" instead of "orient"?

One of my biggest grammar peeves is "Her and I went to...", "Him and me are going to...". UGH! And the same people usually also say "It didn't matter to he and I"...

I have a friend who I used to gently correct, but he'd get so pissed. OK, fine, go around in public looking like a moron!

Has anyone had a plumber in lately? I've got a sllooww washer drain and called a plumber. They wouldn't tell me the cost over the phone but wanted to come take a look and give me an "estimate" OK. So I've had a lot of plumbers in here over the years and have never been told they need to "estimate" a simple drain routing before but whatever. He came out and quoted me $225.00. My mouth fell open and I blurted out "No ship?" Except I really said the OTHER word. I've never paid more than 70 to get this drain done (My house is old) So I sent him on his way and called another guy I've used before and his wife tells me "he'll be giving you an estimate" OMG. I'm scared now. WTH is going on with prices?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

That seems like an awful lot for a slow drain. You would think that plumbing is a necessity therefor the prices shouldn't be going up so much. Everyone will need a plumber now and then.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

That seems like a lot and most plumbers usually can give me a ballpark figure over the phone. It's a slow drain. They are either going to snake it or have to take the trap off. Either way, they could at least tell you how much those might cost on the phone.

I'm guessing you've tried the drain cleaners you can buy yourself?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3268471;
    That seems like an awful lot for a slow drain. You would think that plumbing is a necessity therefor the prices shouldn't be going up so much. Everyone will need a plumber now and then.
    I would guess if their prices are going up it is because their expenses (supplies as well as general cost of living) are going up also. I know that with my family of six I just about swallow my tongue lately when I go the grocery store and see the final bill. Each item may only have gone up a little bit, but it adds up fast!!!

True. I just started trying to go all organic with our foods and man it's so expensive!! I'm beginning to feel that the food companies are keeping us unhealthy so the health care industry can rake in the money!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3268519;
    . . . I'm beginning to feel that the food companies are keeping us unhealthy so the health care industry can rake in the money!
    There's probably more than just a little truth to that. After all, FDA stands for Food AND Drug Administration. DH and I are willing to spend more time reading labels to avoid products with cheap price tags but containing things such as hydrogenated- and partially hydrogenated fats or high-fructose corn syrup, and spend a little more money on the healthier stuff. But amazingly, we save in other ways by not wasting our money on Sandra Lee-style processed and packaged convenience foods and by making more stuff from scratch.

Save now; pay later! (Or pay now; save later?) We figure we'll save $$$$ in the long run on medical bills -- and the benefits are already apparent when we go for the annual checkups, blood tests, etc.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ever since Joe the Plumber came on the scene, plumbers have a rather high opinion of themselves

Seriously . . . Go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a snake. I think they run less than $25. They are easy to use, and will take care of most problems.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

That is his name and business! Joe the Plumber I kid you not.

Newf-I am a firm believer in do it yourself. However this is an old house. On a slab w/ the pipes in the slab turning every which way. It's not something I can do myself. Heck I put water shutoff valve's on everything here cause there were none. That tells you how bad it is. Anyway, Joe should be here any minute so we'll see how it goes.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Well let's hope he's at least nice looking!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread