+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6462Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Congrats myrosiedog. I'm glad you got your financial aid problems worked out. Good luck in your classes. I'm sure you'll do great.

(This is post number 1000 for me. I guess my constant lurking days are behind me now.)

I know, pr, I was only teasing. I do have a lot of the college kids in town that come ine and a lot of them still are into the "like" and "you know" stage. Maybe they get over that when they're much older. I am smiling fondly when they come in and speak!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3266696;
    (This is post number 1000 for me. I guess my constant lurking days are behind me now.)
    Isn't it funny how you just come in to lurk on a discussion for a show you like and then before you know it, it snowballs into posting on threads all over the place??

MRD

Sadly I will be the tail end charlie on my classes and books this semester.

Today is the first day to buy books, since I can't register until Fri. after my orientation, then who knows what classes willl still be available and what books are available.
    Class starts next Mon.

I am a tad ticked off as I was accepted back in Aug. for Fall and I got my acceptance letter on the first day of school and there was stuff I needed to do that I couldn't get done so I had to wait for this semester. I filed my "intent to attend Spring 09" letter back in Sept. and heard NOTHING much about anything until Dec. right before they broke for the holidays, so once again, it's put me at the very last min. trying to get things done so I can actually start classes.

I did start on my financial aid back weeks ago though.

Anyway, once I'm past the hurdle of the initial semester, then I can do early registration and book buying and things should be easier.

I'm really, really hoping that I can get into computer tech., American Government, Public Speaking, Comparative Religion, English Comp., or German. All are required classes I haven't had and need to take. And these are offered this semester. I won't be taking all those, but that is my "wish list" to choose from because I know some will be closed by the time I register. I wanted to take African American Studies or Culture as they will satisfy a humanities and a behaviorial science class but neither are offered this semester.
    It's funny because I went through the catalog and checked off courses I'd like to take and then compared them to what I HAD to take and I was happily surprised that the classes I'm required were also classes I wanted.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3266928;
    Sadly I will be the tail end charlie on my classes and books this semester.
    Oh well, maybe you'll get lucky anyway!

Good luck getting the classes on your list. It sounds like you have some interesting ones lined up. Do you know what major you are going for?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I always had great luck going through drop/add.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I'm going to finish my history major. However this school has a general history major and not an American History Major and I want to be an American History major, so what the plan is is to take a degree as a Bach. of Arts, Independent Study. That way, I can pick my own major and have 4 options on how I do it. I can just take the American History classes I want, or what I'm thinking of doing is taking the American History classes and minoring in political science.
    I can also do the BAIS in American Studies which would include more than just history. So I'm not quite sure what I want, but I do know that I do not want to take European or "non-western" history classes. I have a job in an American history museum, and my boss has already said she'd do whatever it took to help me get into the BAIS program so I can just do American history. And she is also going to try to help me get credit for the public speaking work I've done for the museum, because all of that is documented and that way, it frees up a 3 credit class so I can take something else. One of the really nice things is that several of the history and government professors are members o9f the musuem, so that may go a LONG way in helping me get in the program and classes I want. I've never had "contacts" before.
    -----------------------------------

On another note. I stopped by Walgreens today to pickup something minor and I was perusing the Christmas clearance aisle. The manager was on that aisle marking stuff down even more and told me as he did it, how low they had gone (the sign said 75% off, but he was going lower) so I ended up with a cart FULL of lights, wrapping paper, ribbon, candy (yeah, we needed that) decorations, etc. I got boxes of hot chocolate mix for 25 cents! and wrapping paper for 25 cents. Candles for 6 cents. Including the $3.00 item I stopped in to get my entire bill came to a whopping $18.18. and I had 6 huge bags. The people in line behind me were leaving the line to go get themselves stuff on sale because they saw what I got and how little I paid! I love good deals and I never buy wrapping paper before Christmas. I always go after and get it when it's on sale for the next year.
    Oh and the lights were a whole buck!!!! CANNOT beat that at all!
    I bought 4 boxes of chocolates that were in Christmas boxes because the manager said that inside they were heart shaped. I got the 4 boxes for a dollar for all. I'm going to hold on to them and go to the dollar tree and get a Valentine container and open the boxes and put the heart shaped chocolates in them and give to hubby and daughter for Valentine's day.

I hate it when people misuse the words "fewer" and "less". I guess I'm pet-peeving today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3267502;
    I hate it when people misuse the words "fewer" and "less". I guess I'm pet-peeving today.
    I admit to going back and re-reading my post to see if you were talking about me.

My peeve is when people use "quite" when they mean "quiet". I used to think it was just my mom, but I see it so much more now and I just want to scream.

Mom would write to me weekly and the letters always ended the same way:

"everything's quite here."

And I would think "quite what? Quite boring? quite active? how about quite quiet?"

This is also the same woman that wrote me and my brother about getting us all rooms with "bolognies" looking over Bourbon street when we were all going to New Orleans on vacation. I think I mentioned that before. We never have a room with a balcony anymore. It's always a bologna.

I have an adorably cute guy friend who uses the word "ideal/ideals" when he should be using "idea/ideas". And he's not a dummy. I just want to shake him! Maybe it's the country-boy in him?

+ Reply to Thread