+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7139Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Last week a teenage girl I know was so annoyed because her phone kept ringing. I said to her, "You know, you don't have to answer it." She looked at me like I was insane. I guess that thought had never crossed her mind.

I usually keep my phone in my back pocket on vibrate and I almost dropped it in the toilet once so I've learned to take it OUT of my pocket before sitting down!

I screen my phone calls.

And yes, I am old, but I really don't get the texting thing. Yes, as humans, we want to be connected to other humans, but on a tiny screen? I also don't get why anyone would want to watch videos of ANYthing (not even my favorite show "LOST") on a 1.5 inch square screen.

And yes, Lil Bit...EVERYONE should have their cell phone on vibrate...I am really tired of hearing everyone's "cool" ringtones...let alone their conversations.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Where I used to work, everybody in the place had their work-issued cell phones on the same ringtone so that when a phone rang (in meetings, or wherever), everybody would scramble for their phones...they were all required to be available by phone at all times. They looked like a collection of spastic fools. I changed my ringtone to a jazzy Latin dance ringtone (after all, they give you a selection of ringtones for a reason, right?) so that at least ONE person would definitely know that THEIR phone was ringing! Once, I was in a restaurant, waiting for my lunch order, my phone rang, and most of the people in the restaurant (no co-workers) broke out into little dances! We all laughed and moved on. I had grown to hate the place (and most of the people) where I worked and, after I had left, one of my work-buddies switched his ringtone to the one that I had been using. Ah yes....ol' Shay was gone but not forgotten!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I guess I'm just old and don't like noise. Give me peace and quiet, please.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3265059;
    I guess I'm just old and don't like noise. Give me peace and quiet, please.
    Me too!

My husband used to have a really loud, really obnoxious Frank Zappa ringtone. I hated it. It would make me cringe when it rang. Now he's got a new phone and it has a much more sedate ringtone, but he says that at work, he needed the really loud Frank Zappa song to be able to hear it over the power tools.

Of course, I think MY ringtone is way too cool and that everyone should enjoy hearing You can't always get what you want by the Rolling Stones.

But I'm with you, give me peace and quiet.

And I am AMAZED at the people that think they HAVE to answer every call.
    I turn my phone off (at home and cell) when I don't feel like hearing it ring. That's what I have voice mail for. And email.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Couldn't beat them, so I had to join them...in my own little "Shay way".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My son got me a phone. I don't have the ringer on at work because they can call my work phone. I don't have it on when I'm into a show that I really like. I don't have it on a ring tone, but vibrate because the ringing would meka me jump, even when I had it on low. I figure, leave me a msg,... not because I don't want to be bothered, but I don't want to be bothered.

MRD

I know that the younger generation finds this hard to believe, but there was a time that if you left your house or work, you couldn't receive a phone call ANYWHERE. Aw, those were the days.

I see the need for cell phones, but I sure do miss the days when you could only use the phone in a building or phone booth. Then you weren't also subject to everyone's conversations.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

But you set yourself up for their gross germs!!! Eeeeeewwwwwww!!!!

+ Reply to Thread