+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5864Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It was actually in the pocket of my hoodie, not my hand.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

My daughters often keep theirs tucked into their bras.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3263818;
    My daughters often keep theirs tucked into their bras.
    I had a coworker who did that, until she realized that the heat from the battery was what caused the odd red mark on her skin ...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

They don't leave them there for long periods, just if they're on the go and need to stash them somewhere quickly.
    Count your blessings!

That is what I do with mine when I am expecting a call and no pockets. actually safer than pockets for me - I forget it too much and may end up washing it.

I tuck mine right under the connection in the middle - I tried putting under the strap, but that just makes a really strange shape.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

my cell is my only phone, and since i have mobility issues, i can't rush to it if it rings, so i carry it with me everywhere, even to the bathroom. BUT ... it's a flip phone and i hook it onto my collar when i'm moving around the apartment. i know it looks silly, but hey, it's with me all the time, and and it doesn't fall anywhere.

MRD

We went to a play last night. I was AMAZED at intermission how many people immediately DIVED for their cell phones and started calling and texting. It was an HOUR that it was off and the 2nd act was 45 min. They couldn't go less than 2 hours without being in contact with someone???? And these were obviously people that went as a couple or part of a group and not alone to the play so who did they have to have immediate contact with? And quite honestly, the play was mediocre, so it wasn't like they were calling friends to tell them what they missed out on.

Anyway, I keep mine in my pocket or my purse. But it tends to fall out of my pocket, so I put it in my back pocket and then sit on it and can't hear it ring.

Lil, glad you got yours dried out. I've known several people that have dropped phones or cameras in the toilet. I tend to mostly drop brand new rolls of toilet paper in there which isn't as bad as a phone, but still it's unusable after that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like mine in the front, left pocket of my jeans, which is what I usually have on. The pockets are deep enough to keep it secure. It stays set on vibrate AND talk so I definitely know when I'm getting a call. I hate for it to ring!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i tried to put mine in my pocket on vibrate but i never felt it. so it's always on the desk next to me (except when i'm moving around). while i'm at work, it's in my purse.

and mrd, i hear ya about people always being on the phone. i know someone that every freaking break they take, they are outside on that phone! who on earth do they need to talk to that often? me, even though i have it with me all the time, i rarely talk on the phone. i think i use less than an hour a month of my minutes, and most of those are discussing things with my daughter when either i'm on the way home or she is. i've even instructed my sisters to don't call me ... i hate talking on the phone. i'll text all they want but i don't like talking on it.

While I was at a NYE party, I noticed about a dozen people, mostly high school and college aged, who not only had their phones, but spent a great deal of time staring at texts or playing with them. They were with friends and there was lots to do at this party, but they couldn't quit their phones...seemed pathetic to me, but maybe they were bored. If that was the case, it seemed rude.

I am not into phones I guess. I just got a cell phone a year ago and rarely use it.

+ Reply to Thread