+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6264Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3261368;
    Amy Lee, didn't you go to Times Square a couple NYEs ago with your little brother? I seem to remember there was some pushing and shoving where you were worried for his safety! No way would I go out in that cold that was last night in NYC!

Happy new year everyone!
    You're right, Lois. Say, do you have any lemon bars around?
    They do have a makeshift bathroom facility there by Charmin, but it's between 45th and 46th St. Mind you, they do close off the streets so i don't know just how accessible it was.

Procter & Gamble :: Charmin Restrooms Offers Luxurious Relief to Millions in Times Square on New Years Eve
    The millions who attended the New Year's Eve ball drop were asked by police to stay in their designated area starting at 3 PM. The city does not provide potable public restrooms for the festivities and nearby bars and restaurants limit their facilities to customers only and often close early in the evening. Due to the confined situation, some tourists have admitted to wearing diapers to the event, while others have resorted to using bottles to relieve themselves.

Charmin chose to open their 20 restrooms to offer relief to the many individuals and families who had been waiting for hours to see the ball drop.

"We hope to continue providing this gift to tourists and New Yorkers because we know how difficult it is to find a public restroom in the heart of the busiest city in the world during New Years Eve," stated Jacques Hagopian, brand manager for Charmin.

More than one million consumers worldwide have experienced the 20 deluxe, ADA compliant, family-friendly public restrooms that are free and fully staffed with attendants to clean each stall after every use. Additional luxuries include baby changing stations, stroller parking, seating areas, flat screen televisions, Charmin retail boutique, and new family photo area equipped with printing station. The Charmin Restrooms are located at 1540 Broadway in Times Square between west 45th and west 46th streets.
    I probably didn't mention this, but for future reference, they're going to keep the ball there all year long. So if any of you guys visit, you'll get to see it.

P.S. ever notice how the new year gets old oh so fast? everyone scatters once it's new years. Whether they go to parties, bars or home.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm not one for the crowds and cold, so I've never wanted to do the Times Square thing. Besides - it's kinda far away ... The crowds are what have kept me away from the Rose Parade, too. Never wanted to go out and sit in the cold (well, relatively speaking, anyway - we don't get the cold a lot of you do, for which I'm thankful) on hard bleachers or a hard curb to watch the parade. In fact, I've never even gone later in the day to see the floats afterwards ... I'm such an old fuddy-duddy!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Has anyone here been to one of the Body Worlds exhibits? We decided to go to this instead of dinner and a movie for Sarah's birthday today. It was totally cool. The one we saw was the story of the heart. Seriously, if you get the chance, check it out.

Exhibitions

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A friend of mine went when she was in Vegas last year. She, too, said it was cool. I'm not sure I could go, knowing that these were live people, at one time. I think the creep factor might be too high for moi.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I've never been, but have friends that have and it sounds and looks (from the photos I've seen) too cool. The families have to give permission for the bodies to be used and I would think that would be a really cool thing to do to donate my body to something like that. Because believe me, people do NOT know enough about how their own bodies work and they should.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Shay, I've been to a show like that, and it really isn't creepy at at--I found it amazing! They did one room with a warning that it might be disturbing to some, but to me it was not (pregnant woman, and infants, etc) The one I saw was Bodies: the Exhibition, which is produced by a different group, but is much the same.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

They did have a room with fetus' developing from 7 weeks to 32 weeks gestation. It was interesting.

And it really wasn't creepy. I thought it would be but it was more fascinating than anything.

I don't know that it would be my cup of tea. Give me a bunch of quilts to look at at an exhibition, but not bodies.

Hey famita! Look what I managed to do... avatar of my cancer mask!! Felted hair I lost during chemo and fuzzy brain with red fake fingernails forming a healing red cross.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, that is worth the wait-soooo cool! I also enjoy knowing that those are fake fingernails

+ Reply to Thread