+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Me too. Not too crazy about it now though. That tile floor is a bit much to have to sit on till it's safe to exit. Either the guys from the other army were after us or dinosaurs were stalking us.

By the way, what about Hummerguy? What's going on there?
    WEll there is a new twist. SHE has moved out and what I saw last weekend was HIM packing up HER stuff (talk about control freak). I'm now guessing the older couple that helped were her parents. The dog is gone too. So I'm guessing that "God's Gift to Hummerland" is now a bachelor as she is most definetly gone. Even the hanging baskets and window boxes of plants are gone and the windchimes on the porch, etc.

But she never set foot over there to pack a thing. Must have been bad if she wouldn't go back. Or maybe he wouldn't let her. He seems like a real "rick", just add the letter that comes after "O" to the beginning of that word and you get what he really is.

But he is at least quiet now by himself. Haven't seen him much, he's not roaring around in his cars.

At least no more midnight calls to the police. Or I hope not anyway.

I've always wanted to go to the Cabbage Patch HOspital. Now that I live closer, maybe I can make a trip. Dont' want a doll, just want to go.

Those dinosaurs ALWAYS mess everything up in your cave/fort.

my daughter's tent was always a castle with princesses. Girls are a lot different. No dinosaurs, just wicked "step-in-the-waters" (step-mothers, she couldnt' remember the word and that is what she ended up calling them)
    Last edited by MRD; 09-21-2006 at 08:38 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Check back and you will see that I predicted tht Mrs Hummer was moving, and not the Mister.

Babyland Hospital is fun. It is cute as can be. I did buy some small things from the gift shop, but no doll.

One little girl in the kid's mothers day out was as gungho on dino's as he was. They played a lot together. I thought that was funny. I never cared for them and still don't. Sure have played with enough of them in the last couple of years though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    Vonna, you're so lucky!! Please give marybethp a big hug if you see her!!!

***Reels with envy that Vonna gets to be in marybethp's city in just one month, vows to ride the Acela from Boston to New York one of these days, and kicks a can. . . . ***
    marybethp can easily spot Vonna--she'll be the woman loaded down with light and to light jackets--(you never know how the weather will turn)--carrying bags on both arms (have to shop)...staring up at the wonderful skycrapers..........at least that's how I drive downtown L.A..... I love old buildings..the older the better....they take my breath away

Pomeraniac you wouldn't believe how cheap I found the airline tickets that go from an airport (Fresno) 40 minutes away from my house--$248.00..to go from L.A. was $400.....(4 hours from my house).......I had to jump on those tickets...

We'll be staying with our middle son and his wife so that will save a lot of money too...and spend time with our little princess.

I would gladly trade pony rides for defending the cave from dinosaurs if anyone is interested. My ex's little girl LOVES pony rides, but the older I get and the heavier she gets (about 40 pounds right now), the harder the floor gets. Sometimes her twin brother, Mr Bowling Ball Butt, wants rides, and sometimes they BOTH want to ride at the same time. The little girl always has somewhere to go--shopping, to work, whatever, and her poor pony is supposed to know where those places are. We've worked out a system where she taps my head to get me to go straight, and taps the shoulder on the side to which she wants to turn. She does give me pretend apples and pretend sugar cubes for my pony efforts, so it works out pretty well
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

What do you folks think of those "blue tooth" cell phone devices, with the little blue light that people have stuck to their ears? I don't know why, but they bug the hell out of me. It is as if these dorks want folks to think they are sooooo important that they cannot miss a single phone call and do not have time to simply pick up a phone and press a button.
    ..or maybe it's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    What do you folks think of those "blue tooth" cell phone devices, with the little blue light that people have stuck to their ears? I don't know why, but they bug the hell out of me. It is as if these dorks want folks to think they are sooooo important that they cannot miss a single phone call and do not have time to simply pick up a phone and press a button.
    I'm not used to seeing them yet, so every time I do see someone with something sticking out of their ear, my first impression is that they have some kind of new hearing aide---THEN it hits me--"Oh, it's a new cell phone thingy--bet they think they're cool....and...they probably think that I think they are important........

I wouldn't use one personally, but then I rarely use my cell phone anyway, but my boss has a Bluetooth and it is rather useful. My boss works approximately 80 hours a week, and a huge number of these hours are spent in meetings with clients or in transit between meetings. I am sooo thankful that I can get in touch with her when there's an emergency (and there are many, many emergencies ) and that she can answer the phone and talk to me no matter what she's carrying (usually about 40 pounds of paperwork). Many of the people who use them, though, are just too cool for words.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

My first thought is that there goes a potential case of cancer. i just don't trust things like that.

Newf, thank the Lord this kid doesn't need pony rides. He's five years old and half grown. I can't crawl anyway, but even the men here would be hard pressed to give him a ride. Guess we're lucky that we only have to defend the cave, fort or whatever it is that day.

MRD
    I can't get used to the people walking around talking to themselves. Then I realize, OH its one of THOSE cell phones. Then I feel like an idiot if I've answered them and I have. Better go post that in how stupid are you!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well we just had a bit of excitement. HE is working in the back yard. He came dashing into the house and said that he'd been yelling for me to being a gun! Whoa! I'm really sorry that I didn't hear that one, because in all these years, no one has ever yelled for me to bring a gun. The people behind us have two boxers. One old one, Princess, who I like a lot. A while back they got a younger one but I haven't been around it. For some reason the young one came over and attacked my husband. It was jumping on him and bit his arm. He finally got his huge scout knife from his pocket and kept slashing toward the dog (no, didn't actually slash the dog) while backing into the garage. The dog followed him until he managed to close the door in his face. He was pretty shaken, and no wonder. He called the woman who owns the dogs and she said that the dog was just playing. Well, playing or not, he isn't allowed in this yard again. They need to keep him pinned. I won't have him here when the kid is out playing.

+ Reply to Thread