+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6420Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

livin4 you can always get Cosmogirl (which is just slightly less raunchy) or Seventeen or Teen Vogue or Lucky. I can't remember if you are in Canada but if you are subscribe to Lou Lou - it's all fashion and shopping - everything is available and they tell you where to get it.

I love my Ipod Shuffle too!! it's so tiny and 1GB is really all I need. I take it everywhere, even the dentist's office, the hygenist went out and got one on her lunch break after seeing mine.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

My girls liked Seventeen magazine. My youngest still gets it.
    Count your blessings!

We are still in American Girl land - but if my kiddo had her way she'd be Glamour all the way! LOL She pours over my Lou Lou mag. I didn't even subscribe to it, I subscribed to a high-end Canadian magazine called Chocolatier - which went out of business so they substituted Lou Lou - I'm kind of glad they did, I've found more than one gift in there.
    Last year they recommended 30,000 Years of Art- I love that book! It's a huge coffee table book but it has full colour, glossy photos of every important piece of art in the world.
    sorry I seem to have some sort of run-on of the mouth/fingers today. I think I'm restless because I've been on holidays for almost 2 weeks now
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3260778;
    Quick question for those of you who read Glamour. I'm thinking of getting DD a gift subscription for her 15th birthday. As I remember Glamour it was always geared more towards makeup and clothes, as opposed to Cosmo which in recent years has become more um...sexualized? So Glamour readers, would it's content be good for a 15yo?
    I think the first subscription I ever had was to Glamour. And I kept it for many, many years. At 15 - 17, I preferred and bought Seventeen magazine every month.

Originally Posted by bbnbama
    Gut, sounds like your little iPod shuffle should go in the Simple Things that make me Happy thread, huh?

Great minds think alike - I just posted it there.

I go to the gym almost every day. If I have forgotten to recharge my MP3, I find I cannot work out. Exercise and players seem to go hand in hand

I completely forgot about Seventeen. Is that spelled right? I've had a couple of shots and I'm not used to drinking. Anyway I went ahead and got a subscription for Seventeen. Thanks all.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Oh, look, it's the new year. Happy Happy! I kept my bum home last night, I live in NY and the temps were unforgiving. I couldn't open my door without the cold getting and making my hand hurt. Instead i made fun of those who actually went to Times Square. It didn't look as packed as usual, actual. And with reason, it felt like -10 outside. Besides, why spend 6 hours in the freezing cold, without a porta potty just to watch a ball drop?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I always wondered if there were porta potties there. One of my lifelong dreams has been to be in Times Square on NYE. I have back issues now so I don't think I could stand there for 6 hours or longer but I still dream of doing it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Amy Lee, didn't you go to Times Square a couple NYEs ago with your little brother? I seem to remember there was some pushing and shoving where you were worried for his safety! No way would I go out in that cold that was last night in NYC!

Happy new year everyone!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3261363;
    Oh, look, it's the new year. Happy Happy! I kept my bum home last night, I live in NY and the temps were unforgiving. I couldn't open my door without the cold getting and making my hand hurt. Instead i made fun of those who actually went to Times Square. It didn't look as packed as usual, actual. And with reason, it felt like -10 outside. Besides, why spend 6 hours in the freezing cold, without a porta potty just to watch a ball drop?
    I read that some people waited 12 hours in that weather. I used to want to go to times square for NYE, but no way could I handle those crowds, the weather, the standing and the lack of potty facilities or the messy facilities after that many people had been using them.

We used to go to Key West and it was a lot of fun. They would block the main drag (Duval St) to traffic and everyone wandered up and down going in and out of bars, drinking and having fun. But I was also in my early 20's. No way would I do that now as it gets crowded there too. But at least it's warm.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread