+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Yeah, wrapping paper is always still there after a few days so I wouldn't worry too much about that SR5Rfan...and maybe even by then they might have it marked down more than 50%!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3258075;
    I did laundry, washed dishes, went to the dump, and played on the computer.
    OK, this is horrible...I read that COMPLETELY wrong at first and was thinking TMI...

Welcome back Brat! Hope you have some tales to tell us! Has Danny Glover been back to your gas station?!

I haven't had to buy wrapping paper in years. This is going to sound soooooooooooo cheap but I reuse wrapping paper (especially from the big gifts where there's a ton of paper used to wrap the gifts). And a lot of stores will wrap the gifts for free if you buy the items there, so there's more wrapping paper. It's gotten so that on Christmas, if the paper's not too ripped up, my family all gives it to me to reuse for the following year. I also reuse gift bags and tissue paper as well. I know it's kind of tacky but I really like doing it...

I was in WalMart yesterday evening. Valentines Day stuff is now available on the shelves .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Lois Lane, I used to work with a lady whose father would pay them a quarter for each package they were able to open without ripping the paper, just so he could reuse it. I think there were about seven or eight kids in the family, so their Christmas morning lasted all day! I, personally, see nothing wrong with reusing the paper, bags and tissue. Just never think about it until after it's all been balled up and thrown away!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

MRD

I am a notorious gift bag, tissue paper and box saver. This year, one box was so bad my husband said: Please, please, please throw this one away this year.

I found some really pretty Christmas dish towels in The Dollar Tree (they were grean and red plaid) and I actually wrapped a couple gifts in them. It's tricky, but if you get the ribbon right, they will stay wrapped. Then the wrapping is a gift in itself.

I figure the gift bags are reusable for several years, but I knew people this year that used the grocery store resuable bags as gift bags so they could be reused throughout the year and not go in the landfill. I never thought of that, but they aren't expensive and the ones here are green, so add some red ribbon and they are Christmasy and enviromentally friendly. I have my idea for next year now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3258135;
    I am a notorious gift bag, tissue paper and box saver. This year, one box was so bad my husband said: Please, please, please throw this one away this year.

I found some really pretty Christmas dish towels in The Dollar Tree (they were grean and red plaid) and I actually wrapped a couple gifts in them. It's tricky, but if you get the ribbon right, they will stay wrapped. Then the wrapping is a gift in itself.

I figure the gift bags are reusable for several years, but I knew people this year that used the grocery store resuable bags as gift bags so they could be reused throughout the year and not go in the landfill. I never thought of that, but they aren't expensive and the ones here are green, so add some red ribbon and they are Christmasy and enviromentally friendly. I have my idea for next year now.
    My MIL used this idea. She bought the walmart ones that are black, and then to distinguish which person got which bag she put different colored tissue paper in them. I was green, SIL was red, and someone else had silver or white.

I do re-use gift bags and tissue paper.

I keep them in my closet and use them all year round-we tend to buy the single color bags.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3258181;
    I keep them in my closet and use them all year round-we tend to buy the single color bags.
    Well depending on what I have on hand (most of my friends reuse gift bags too and there are some that have made their way back and forth between the same friends every year. ), you might get a Christmas bag or a Valentine's bag on your birthday.

Single color would be a good idea.

I have in the past bought single color Christmas wrapping paper after Christmas and used it throughout the year. You can usually find green, red, blue and sometimes even white.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Another bonus from reusing paper is that every present under the tree isn't the same 3 or 4 designs. I like a variety of wrapping paper. My mom (grew up during the depression) always insisted we unwrap in such a way that the paper could be resused. We never ripped open a present in our lives. I continued that tradition with my kids. I heard a going green segment on the news advocating that like it was something they just invented. I had to laugh.
    Count your blessings!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I don't reuse wrapping paper but I do reuse gift bags. I like ripping into a present so there's nothing to save on the paper!

My S.O. likes to keep boxes and is almost fanatical about it. I have to sneak boxes into the garbage (how sad is that!) that looked like they've been to hell and back so that he won't try to keep them and reuse them later!

In lieu of stockings this year, we put his 4 kids and my son their treats in the reusable grocery bags and they all loved it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread