+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6239Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    While I've seen this Elmo on television several times, I do think it is cute and funny. $39.00. What I think is kind of sad is that most of the toys these days have to do something to entertain the kids. The kids are a bit behind the curve on learning how to entertain themselves. This Elmo doesn't look particularly cuddly, either. I like to buy squishy toys for kids. I bought a dog, named Le Mutt, for a little boy about 2.....he still had that dog when he was 20 years old (according to his mother). Now, that's what I call a winner!
    That's one of my biggest complaints. Kids need toys that do nothing! Let their imagination run wild. You all know that our kid has a vivid imagination anyway, but he surely can have some fun times with a basket full of cheap plastic toys.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    rt1ky, I have to get my hands on one for my 20 month old son and soon to come niece. Where can I get them? I haven't even seen them in commercials!

Target, Wal-mart, Toys R Us and Kmart have them. You might want to hurry. There were only a few left when my mother picked hers up yesterday afternoon and I heard that some people have already put some on ebay at really high prices. My parents just wanted to avoid the Christmas madness for toy shopping. It's been years since they've had to buy a lot toys. The local Christmas charities for kids ask for clothes and one toy. Now they have grandkids. The toy is really cute. We saw one lady buy 5 for all of her grandkids, nieces and nephews.

Regarding imagination: Some of our favorite toys from childhood where empty boxes and empty laundry baskets. They were rocketships, boats, cars, castles, forts...
    Last edited by rt1ky; 09-20-2006 at 09:41 PM.

Another toy fad? I remember Cabbage Patch and beanie babies... both of which are gathering dust in large quantity in our family attics. Lol. I can understand wanting to do this for your child though. I probably would too. Well, I stood in lines for my little cousins and others so I'm sure I would.

I always noted that kids seem to have as much fun with the cardboard box the toy came in, though, as the toy itself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Makes me wonder which toys are really about the parents and which are really about the children.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Another toy fad? I remember Cabbage Patch and beanie babies... both of which are gathering dust in large quantity in our family attics. Lol. I can understand wanting to do this for your child though. I probably would too. Well, I stood in lines for my little cousins and others so I'm sure I would.

I always noted that kids seem to have as much fun with the cardboard box the toy came in, though, as the toy itself.
    Too bad you weren't with me last Christmas when I went to the Cabbage Patch hospital. Witnessed a little Cabbage baby birth. Brought tears to ones eyes.

A while back I helped the kid make a tent from a blanket and a couple of chairs. He thought that was the neatest idea ever. It went from tent to cave and back again.
    Last edited by Muduh; 09-20-2006 at 10:42 PM.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Too bad you weren't with me last Christmas when I went to the Cabbage Patch hospital. Witnessed a little Cabbage baby birth. Brought tears to ones eyes.

A while back I helped the kid make a tent from a blanket and a couple of chairs. He thought that was the neatest idea ever. It went from tent to cave and back again.
    I LOVED the tent thing as a kid
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Me too. Not too crazy about it now though. That tile floor is a bit much to have to sit on till it's safe to exit. Either the guys from the other army were after us or dinosaurs were stalking us.

By the way, what about Hummerguy? What's going on there?

My grandkids love to play in large cardboard boxes. They can play for hours in the "forts"

Me too. Not too crazy about it now though. That tile floor is a bit much to have to sit on till it's safe to exit. Either the guys from the other army were after us or dinosaurs were stalking us.
    I hate when the dinosaurs join in.

Lol - I haven't been to the actual Cabbage Patch place. Where is that again? Georgia, right? I did have two of the real Patch kids from there, though, in the 1980s. (Ok, I admit I got caught up in some of this myself. After standing in line one too many times... and maybe being hit on the head with a flying CP box?)

I just feel a bit sheepish that I have some of those things too. Lol.

I bought a dog, named Le Mutt,
    And ohmigosh, I just saw that. I had Le Mutt too. AND his 'girlfriend' dog. He was adorable. I guess I made up for being poor as a kid, for collecting plush animals/dolls when I was a bit older. I don't any more though.

Anyway, as a kid I mostly drew, wrote, or made my own toys... it wasn't as bad as it sounds, though. I did have some Barbies and so on. Just not all the toys kids have today. The little kids in our family now? Some of them had to get a bigger house, their rooms were literally stuffed with toys. I remember being so excited at just getting a doll for Christmas.

Anything that ever happens here eventually involves dinosaurs. We probably have more of them than Walmart.

Babyland General Hospital is in Cleveland, Georgia. I went with the intention of buying myself one but the little guy that I wanted was in the hundreds of dollars and I left him sitting. Then we went over to Helen, GA and spent Christmas on a mountain top over there. I have never been sorry that I didn't adopt the doll. That is way too much money for what amounts to a rag doll. I didn't even sell my porcelan dolls for that much money.

+ Reply to Thread