+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6174Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3255963;
    Right now we are at 6F with a -16 wind chill. Don't you Canadians laugh too hard, that's damn cold for a southern boy.
    Yep, Unk, that's damn cold. It's 39 here and expected to go to 20. I don't know what the wind chill is, but it has to be a lot as the wind is brutal. My neighbor's chimney smoke is blowing straight down off his roof.

All of you stay safe and warm.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It's dropped to 2° now with a wind chill of -19°. This sucks.
    Ohio State University, Ohio (43234) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground
    Ohio State University, Ohio (Airport)
    Updated: 5 min 31 sec ago
    Partly Cloudy
    2 °F
    Partly Cloudy
    Windchill: -19 °F
    Humidity: 60%
    Dew Point: -9 °F
    Wind: 20 mph from the West

Unk, that's really not too far from our weather here. I looked at the conversion and your windchill factor is -28 Celsius, which is damn cold for this northern girl. Last Sunday when I was heading to work in the early morning, our windchill was -36 Celsius, which is -32.8 Fahrenheit to you Americans (the temp was around -28C, which converts to around -18F). That must be an awful wind you're experiencing to bring the windchill factor so low...2 degrees F is unheard of in our neck of the woods in the Christmas season.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well, we ended up not going shopping. First the snowblower died and he wanted to fix that first. And by the time he was done with that, the service calls started. We own a plumbing business, and when the furnaces start going out, it's kind of hard to say no, especially when it's this cold out. We are supposed to hit -40 below tonight, with wind chills. Unfortunately, it's beginning to look like the shopping isn't going to be done by Christmas. I work every day between now and than and with a few other things going on, I don't know where I'm going to find the time.

Lil Bit, I'm on the NW side of the state. We are actually about 20 miles from both MN and SD.

My Dad's girlfriend is stuck in Buffalo, NY - the shuttle dropped her off at the airport and her flight was canceled (she's coming from Toronto). So, she's at a motel hoping that her rescheduled flight tomorrow is able to take off. Her son was going to drive in and bring her back home but she didn't want him driving. I love California! (sorry .... )
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Let's be quiet about California SR5!! We're supposed to be getting drenched soon!
    Yup, with donuts!!

That's true - and you know we can't drive when it's wet. I'd hate to crash into an out-of-towner that was just trying to get away from the snow! But don't our mountains look gorgeous???
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Yes they do! I hate to say it but you are right, Californians really can't drive in the rain at all!! I don't mind it but I get pretty scared when most people won't slow down even 10 mph less to avoid sliding!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Rain or snow, people who can't drive in inclement weather really need to stay home. We were out yesterday looking for a Christmas tree (finally) with my daughter driving after a foot of snow had fallen and narrowly missed being clipped by a Mercedes driven by a teen-age girl with a pink cell phone to her ear. We ended up fish-tailing which my son thought was "sick" but backseat Bunny (who is still recovering from a Sept. car crash) wasn't seeing the coolness factor of it.
    CYA

Oh Bunny I know exactly how that feels!!! How scary for you! I still wake up in a sweat sometimes after dreaming of my accident. (I wasn't driving which may have made my phobia a little worse.)
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread