+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It's snowing again this morning, but supposed to turn to rain later on today. The town did such a shoddy job of plowing the roads on Friday/Saturday though, that I'm tempted to do the last minute shopping that I need to do now, because I bet those roads will be icy once the rain comes.

Of course it wouldn't surprise me if I go to grab the keys and one of my parents informs me that they'll be driving me around, since I live in New York City, haven't driven since Thanksgiving and haven't driven in snow in I can't remember how long.

Just got back in from shovelling again. 2 days of non-stop snow. I'll have to go back out this afternoon. While I was out, a parade of bucket trucks drove by on their way to the next town north of here that still doesn't have electricity. So I'm counting my blessing, you betcha. Still, what a miserable week it's been.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3255678;
    All is fine, I just need a wee vacation. I'll be back.
    I hope you're back soon!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Bye for now, Gabriel. Enjoy your time away.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3255673;
    Just to let you all know I am taking a breather from the FORT and will see you all in the future. In the meantime have a happy holiday season.
    As long as you come back!! Have a happy holiday!!

Bye gabriel, stay safe and have a Happy Holiday!

Well, they say we have reached our high temperature for the day, -8. Add to that 30-40mph winds and we are at a rather chilly -38. Now figure in the 10+ inches of snow we've had in the past 2 days and it's another beautiful day in Iowa!

Now to top it off, the significant other decides we need to go shopping. The nearest big town is 60 miles away! His response to blizzard conditions is, he has four wheel drive, so it's not a problem. I hate his driving when it's perfect weather! Wish me luck, it's going to be a long drive!!

Good luck Sherri. I have four wheel drive too, but it doesn't help in white-outs. Stay safe, and happy shopping.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Oh Sherri, we got all our grocery shopping done last week because we knew we'd have this cold front. The roads are super slick out, too. I wish your husband would just sit still today! Our furnace had broken about two months ago and I'm so glad that if it had to break, it broke then rather than now and that we got it fixed quickly. It's so cold out I can't imagine being without heat today. Which got me thinking...I wonder how all the homeless people are doing. There aren't enough shelters to take them all in and I think that living outdoors in this cold is just not an option. I feel so grateful to have all that I have--a nice house, plenty of heat and electricity, a pantry and fridge stuffed with food and supplies...my biggest worry was getting over stomach flu, which I have (finally!), and making cookies. I just feel so incredibly grateful. OK, cue the violins...

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3255738;
    Bye gabriel, stay safe and have a Happy Holiday!

Well, they say we have reached our high temperature for the day, -8. Add to that 30-40mph winds and we are at a rather chilly -38. Now figure in the 10+ inches of snow we've had in the past 2 days and it's another beautiful day in Iowa!

Now to top it off, the significant other decides we need to go shopping. The nearest big town is 60 miles away! His response to blizzard conditions is, he has four wheel drive, so it's not a problem. I hate his driving when it's perfect weather! Wish me luck, it's going to be a long drive!!
    Hi Sherri. I see you're loving Iowa as much as I am right about now. What part of the state do you live in? I'm in northeast Iowa, close to the Minnesota border. We just got another 5 inches of snow last night so we've been snowed in all day, maybe until tomorrow sometime unless the wind lets up so the plows come out. Thankfully, my shopping is done. You're significant other sounds like my husband. He thinks he can drive in anything too, but since we moved here he's had to admit that sometimes there's just too darn much snow, even with 4 wheel drive. It took getting majorly stuck a couple of times, but he learned!

Right now we are at 6°F with a -16° wind chill. Don't you Canadians laugh too hard, that's damn cold for a southern boy.

+ Reply to Thread