+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We woke up to about 9 inches of snow this morning. Blizzard warnings are already posted for tomorrow and Sunday in our area. They are saying another 7 - 10 inches and 40mph winds. I hate snow!

Our snow started around noon and is just now tapering off. I'm not sure what the totals will be but the only vehicles that have driven past the house in the last few hours are snowplows and snowmobiles. Hopefully we'll have time to shovel out before the next round hits on Sunday. Stay safe everyone.
    CYA

Same here bunny. I did all my shopping early so that I was home by noon. The snow had just started falling lightly at that time. Half-hour later, it was really coming down fast!

My daughter's school was one of the few that did not dismiss early. Most let out around 11 or noon. Hers finally closed at 2. LOL

Very few cars out and about tonight, like you said. Just the plows and the snowmobilers.

Tomorrow should be the calm before the next storm, with just a few flurries throughout the day.

All I have on the agenda for tomorrow is to start my holiday baking. I have all my ingredients and am ready to bake!

Geez, Margaritaville, no wonder you weren't feeling well. I hope they are able to repair the damage right quick.

mrd, that sounds like a long, but rewarding, day.

I'm so thankful that the horrible snowstorms have bypassed Pittsburgh, so far anyway. It's been raining like crazy all week, but I will take that over snow anytime. I hate shoveling snow and cleaning snow off my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3255060;
    Here in West Tennessee the temp was 74 at one point this afternoon. It is of course much cooler now but not cold. I think that day after tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 30's. I could do without that.
    MUDUH!!! How the heck are you? When I let the dog out this morning he went down one step, peed where he was, and came back in. Must remember to throw that shovelfull far away. I'm going to go out and start shovelling as soon as I finish my coffee. I remembered to park toward the end of my long driveway facing out, so at the very least I have to shovel a foot path to the car, what must be a mountain at the end of the driveway, and a car-width path out onto the street. The director of the Y heard me say I like shovelling as long as it's not heavy, wet snow and jokingly asked if I'd come help shovel out the Y in the morning because they are short-staffed. So I'll probably head on down by foot to the Y and do that if it isn't too bad. Either that or take my shovel when my daughter goes to work at the Y later in the morning.
    Count your blessings!

I'm off to the mall. I really hate shopping but I'm hoping to find something for everyone in the family so the mall is the best place to do it all at once!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3255229;
    MUDUH!!! How the heck are you? When I let the dog out this morning he went down one step, peed where he was, and came back in. Must remember to throw that shovelfull far away. I'm going to go out and start shovelling as soon as I finish my coffee. I remembered to park toward the end of my long driveway facing out, so at the very least I have to shovel a foot path to the car, what must be a mountain at the end of the driveway, and a car-width path out onto the street. The director of the Y heard me say I like shovelling as long as it's not heavy, wet snow and jokingly asked if I'd come help shovel out the Y in the morning because they are short-staffed. So I'll probably head on down by foot to the Y and do that if it isn't too bad. Either that or take my shovel when my daughter goes to work at the Y later in the morning.
    I have the absolute cutest video of a dog in the snow. Anyone who wants it, send your email address and I'll get it right to you.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3254982;
    I have snow the good way -- I go outside, look towards the mountains and see the white on top of them. No freezing, no chains on the tires, no shoveling. And if I felt the need for any/all of the "fun" that comes with the snow, it is only an hour's drive away.
    Ah, that's me too. We have had exactly one day of snow each winter we've lived here and it melts either by that night or the next day. We are one hour from the mountains and I can see the snow on the mountains from here.

Of course the entire city shuts down here when we get our one inch of snow a year as there is no snow removal equipment and they don't even deliver the mail. I thought that saying about the post office including something about sleet and snow.
    Oh and you can't buy a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk or carton of eggs when they tell us snow is expected. I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with the eggs, milk and bread when it snows, but
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

French Toast--The Official Breakfast of Blizzards
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3255511;
    French Toast--The Official Breakfast of Blizzards
    Dang! I thought it was the scrambled eggs I had...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread