+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Margaritaville, let me say that my face did the same thing as prhoshay's when I read your post. Man, you've been through it and I hope you are through with it at this point.
    Sending good healing thoughts your way.

Unk, all those photos are great. That's wonderful that Zac ended up with so many tickets. What can you redeem 4000 tickets for???
    Continuing to send good healing thoughts Zac's way too.

For all you winterstorm sufferers, I'm sending WARM thoughts your way. I've been complaining about the RAIN and not wanting to go out, but you guys make me feel awful because it's just rain. Stay safe and warm and hopefully stay with power.

Well we had 290 middleschoolers today go through the museum. Today is the last day before Christmas break, so you can imagine how they behaved. Actually most were great. I did the Civil Rights section and I did it TWELVE times. I will be saying in my sleep tonight: "these Civil Rights pioneers have made it possible for all of us to be here together today, free from the laws that prevented us from enjoying each other's company......." I had one snippy teacher that I just walked away from-I didn't cover what SHE thought I should cover. Hey, I work with what's in our gallery, you don't like it, too bad (they don't pay me enough to put up with THAT kind of crap and fortunately TPTB agree with me) and one 13 year old racist a**hole that I wanted to pinch his little hate filled head off. Fortunately, there was another kid in that group that told him to shut up! I loved it.

But it went great and the museum sent me home with a sixpack of beer!!! (they are cleaning out all the refrigerators for the holidays!). I shared one in the kitchen after the last bus pulled out of our parking lot with the director of education. I think we both drained our bottles in 2 big swallows.

It was a very long day, but it was fun. I love the kids with questions and the ones that "get it" from the start. And the ones that always have such great observations. We also had a small group of mentally handicapped kids and those are my favorites. They are always so happy and respond so well to any attention at all. It sometimes is a challenge to present the material in a way they can understand it, but they always say or do something that just melts my heart. Most want to touch you and are just happy to stand next to you and hold your hand. THAT makes even the longest day saying the same thing until you are hoarse worth it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3254873;
    So now you get to run around last minute for gifts? What the heck is that? I would not be happy about that. Sorry, bug.

Prhoshay - sorry about your jaw issue.
    it's ok, I'm dragging Mr Buglover with me because it was his kids who broke the rule!! He absolutely hates shopping and dealing with my issues while shopping (I really hate crowds and have near panic attacks!)
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well I don't need to dream of a White Christmas.....
    Snow
    It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow
    Snow
    I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow

Snow
    I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow
    Snow
    Oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow

Where it's snowing
    All winter through
    That's where I want to be
    Snowball throwing
    That's what I'll do
    How I'm longing to ski
    Through the

Snow
    Those glist'ning houses that seem to be built of snow
    Snow
    Oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow

What is Christmas with no snow
    No white Christmas with no snow
    Snow

I'll soon be there with snow
    I'll wash my hair with snow
    And with a spade of snow
    I'll build a man that's made of snow
    I'd love to stay up with you but I recommend a little shuteye
    Go to sleep
    And dream
    Of snow
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

gabriel! We just watched White Christmas last night. I could hear every harmony as I read that. Blizzard outside my window. About 8 inches so far and more to go. Lots of shovelling tomorrow morning.
    Count your blessings!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3252399;
    I've had satellite for however many years and, I have to admit it, I'm not that thrilled with it. Sometimes I say I wish I had cable, and my friends say, "No, you don't"...
    i've had cable tv for years and have had very little problems with it. i then signed up with their internet eight years ago and still have been very satisficed with my service.

my only complaint is the price ... they are the only cable company in our area, so because they have a monopoly, they can charge what they want.

I have snow the good way -- I go outside, look towards the mountains and see the white on top of them. No freezing, no chains on the tires, no shoveling. And if I felt the need for any/all of the "fun" that comes with the snow, it is only an hour's drive away.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Zac got to start his next round of chemo today. He has to go back Monday and then again Friday. That's a great Christmas present as it means he continues to make progress. I needed some good news today as I ended up leaving work early because I wasn't feeling very well and I never miss work. I was worried the the young'un had caught something from me yesterday but obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3254178;
    Been kind of quiet around the FORT lately. I hope that means that everyone's out enjoying the holiday season and not sick or anything else like that. . .
    I've been workin' the end of the contract year for the ESL school-without-walls program (including several VIP decision-makers -- as in decisions about renewing the contracts -- which they did -- combination of "oh yeah!!!" and "whew!") along with end of the semester with the tutoring clients' kids (including coaching several students for Word Masters Challenge). Christmas? Is that coming up, too? Oh yeah . . .
    Last edited by Ellen; 12-19-2008 at 10:03 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Here in West Tennessee the temp was 74 at one point this afternoon. It is of course much cooler now but not cold. I think that day after tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 30's. I could do without that.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Show off. We're buried in snow.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread