+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6753Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Been kind of quiet around the FORT lately. I hope that means that everyone's out enjoying the holiday season and not sick or anything else like that.

Miss you all, but do take the time to enjoy your friends and family in this the most special of seasons.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks MRD! I've actually been working my two jobs and haven't even started thinking about the holidays! I know, I'm running out of time!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3254178;
    Been kind of quiet around the FORT lately. I hope that means that everyone's out enjoying the holiday season and not sick or anything else like that.

Miss you all, but do take the time to enjoy your friends and family in this the most special of seasons.

I've been checking everyday, just not much to tell been a lot of the same old same old.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I went to the hospital with Zac today for labs. He's going back tomorrow for chemo. Here he is playing video games in the reception area of the clinic. He swiped my Santa hat from me.

After leaving the hospital we went to Dave and Buster's. We had our company Christmas party there and many of my co-workers gave me their tickets they won for Zac. We went and played a few games and then redeemed over 4,000 tickets. Here's the boy playing one of the games there. He was having a great time.

We were going to go get our picture taken with Santa but he was too worn out, so I went shopping to finish up for Christmas. I got some video games for my other grandson Gabe and some cute little jeans and stuff for the new grandson Blake. Oh and I can't forget a Barbie for my 30 year old baby daughter.

4,000 tickets??? YIKES.. My best to Zac, you know my thoughts aren't too far from him. Unklescott, you are a good Grampa.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3254178;
    Finally feeling better from stomach flu. Have been eating solid food (just a little) for the past 1-1/2 days but I'm still pretty weak. I've been checking the FoRT but haven't had much energy to post. But...

I love hearing about Zac, Unk. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Love the pictures of Zac, Unk. We never did go back to school - an extra week of vacation. The town just north of us never did get power back and with the whopper expected tomorrow (12" of snow predicted with another storm on Sunday) they're saying they won't get power back until after Christmas. We've had power here since Sunday morning and got the tv reception back the day after that. Bummer about school, though. We had organized a "tag sale" with donated items that kids could buy for their family Christmas presents. It's all set up in the school library and never happened.
    Count your blessings!

Good luck with this next storm Gut. Same thing here with the power, although most are back up by now. Maybe 1-2000 are still without, a week after the storm hit. Town crews are scrambling to get downed branches that are lining the streets chopped and mulched before they have to start plowing when the storm does hit. We could get either 6-10 or 14-20 inches tomorrow! It just depends how far north the storm hits. Even though this is going to be a biggie, it will just be snow, not ice, so power outages are not expected.

Bunny555 will most likely get hit hard as well.

Tonight on TV, the stations were already was listing school cancellations and early dismissals for tomorrow. Then another storm is expected on Sunday night/Monday morning and another on Christmas Eve. We'll have a White Christmas for sure this year (which does please me....it feels so strange not to have snow on Christmas).

My school district has not listed anything yet on TV tonight, which does not please the teenager. She had school all this week, though, with only delayed openings on Monday (due to the ice storm) and yesterday (due to a snowstorm).

Hang in there, Gut, I have a feeling it is going to be a loooonnng winter!

You're right MamaC! 3 whopper storms are predicted between now and Christmas. Any other year, I would say "bring it on" but I have zero shopping done and am seriously beginning to worry about being able to get out and get it all done. I keep checking for school closings on our local news website but apparently our town won't commit to a closing until the morning. It doesn't matter to me now but it did when my kids were little and I would have appreciated advanced notice of a school closing so I could arrange a sitter.
    CYA

Unklescott: Your pictures of Zac are wonderful. I saw a magazine article last week about "Flashes Of Hope" and I thought about you. They take professional portraits (not that yours aren't great - but I just thought I'd suggest this) of children with cancer. The photos are black and white and the children get "star" treatment with makeup (Zac probably wouldn't want that!) and props and they are all taken in the hospital. Mom or Grampa or siblings can be in the picture too. I just had a chance to look at their website and the pictures are so beautiful and touching. It seemed (to me) that this might be something that y'all would enjoy doing together

Flashes of Hope

I do NOT envy any of you have have tons of snow and are expecting more! We had about four flakes of snow one night last week and that was enough for me. I do hope that you all stay warm and safe and have very happy holidays.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread