+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Newfherder: Can you post some photos on the Animal Lovers thread of your "bears"? That would be super! I hope you do well at the Big Show!!
    There are a couple of pictures over at the "What do you look like?" thread, post #4728. I'm not showing in Nebraska; I'm mostly going to BS with friends and to see their beautiful babies, but I've also volunteered to help at the obedience ring. My boys will stay home I've promised to bring back lots of smells for them.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

marybethp--I will be arriving in your city one month from today!!!

phonegirl--shopping too! I never need an excuse for that

amylee--so a waterproof lightweight jacket, right?--let's see if we're on the same page....my idea of lightweight is nylon jacket with no lining--does that hold true for NYC?...and I guess that would hold true for shoes, also?

Sorry for all the questions, I know they are real snoozers ...but I have so many loose ends to tie up business wise and my with the kids' program. It's really important for me to have everything for the trip packed to go by next week.......

and if that's not enough, I leave for a quick trip to So Cal the next morning after I get back from New York....and that little trip requires a ton of packing.....so I have to be packed for that trip before I leave for NYC. The advantage of the second trip is that it's here in California, I'll know exactly what to pack....It's the East coast, I'm not so confident packing for...and thank you everyone for being such 's for helping me out.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Vonna, if you bring things to layer, you should be just fine in New York. Along with your other favorites, pack maybe a lightweight cotton turtleneck, sweater, a hoodie, and a waterproof jacket (with a hood if you have one--then you don't have to carry an umbrella around). You can take off layers as needed (and stick them in your tote or wrap one around your waist).

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    There are a couple of pictures over at the "What do you look like?" thread, post #4728. I'm not showing in Nebraska; I'm mostly going to BS with friends and to see their beautiful babies, but I've also volunteered to help at the obedience ring. My boys will stay home I've promised to bring back lots of smells for them.
    Thanks Newfherder: I'll have a lookyloo! Have a great time with your friends and the other pooches!

Vonna: Have an amazing time in the Big Apple. Wow, that will be some trip! Lucky girl!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Has anyone picked up the new Tickle Me Elmo yet? My parents each picked one up yesterday, one for the grandchild who is already here and one for the grandchild on the way. It's cute and Elmo talks to you if you try to peak in the box. My nephew LOVES Elmo, and no one is sure how he well he will share when the new baby comes. That, plus my grandparents love to spoil him. If it we me and my sister, we probably would've either shared the one toy, or I would have gotten it as a hand-me down since she's older.

rt1ky, I have to get my hands on one for my 20 month old son and soon to come niece. Where can I get them? I haven't even seen them in commercials!

Oh you have to see one! He is so funny.HE sure thinks he is anyway. He amuses himself so much that he falls over laughing. Then he slaps his leg. They are cute as can be but don't look as cuddly as the "old" Elmo did.
    I didn't even know they were available yet. Thought I read that they would be out on October 1. You could call Toys R Us or Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna
    amylee--so a waterproof lightweight jacket, right?--let's see if we're on the same page....my idea of lightweight is nylon jacket with no lining--does that hold true for NYC?...and I guess that would hold true for shoes, also?
    oh, you're arriving next month? Ah. You may as well pack a trench then.
    You could bring the Nylon jacket and wear it with the sweater. Or you could bring another one that isnt as thin and you wont have to layer your self too much. For your footwear, sneakers are always fine but they dont go with everything....
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Oh you have to see one! He is so funny.HE sure thinks he is anyway. He amuses himself so much that he falls over laughing. Then he slaps his leg. They are cute as can be but don't look as cuddly as the "old" Elmo did.
    I didn't even know they were available yet. Thought I read that they would be out on October 1. You could call Toys R Us or Walmart.
    While I've seen this Elmo on television several times, I do think it is cute and funny. $39.00. What I think is kind of sad is that most of the toys these days have to do something to entertain the kids. The kids are a bit behind the curve on learning how to entertain themselves. This Elmo doesn't look particularly cuddly, either. I like to buy squishy toys for kids. I bought a dog, named Le Mutt, for a little boy about 2.....he still had that dog when he was 20 years old (according to his mother). Now, that's what I call a winner!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    marybethp--I will be arriving in your city one month from today!!!
    Vonna, you're so lucky!! Please give marybethp a big hug if you see her!!!

***Reels with envy that Vonna gets to be in marybethp's city in just one month, vows to ride the Acela from Boston to New York one of these days, and kicks a can. . . . ***

+ Reply to Thread