+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6406Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3249998;
    ... I don't know how it started, but we were talking about Cheech and Chong and me and my husband had my daughter and her boyfriend and our server cracking up as we both remember a lot of the old routines and were doing them. He is a great mimic for voices and does both Cheech and Chong very well.What's even funnier is my daughter had already bought my husband several C&C movies last week for Christmas, so she got to see last night how much he's going to love them. He doesn't have a clue.And I had recently been watching C&C on that video site we can't link too which was so funny.And with that I'll leave you....................Dave's NOT HERE!!!!!
    Oh my! I remember my Dad taking us to see the Cheech and Chong comedy show waaaay back at the Jubilee Auditorium...it was sold out. He had no clue who they were, we just said comediens, and we didn't get most of the jokes either because we were all goody-goodies and never even tried to smoke cigarrettes let alone anything else. It was just the thing to do. You had to go and see the concert! I think it's pricess that another generation just loves them and they're still a hit!

Did I mention that I dated Tommy Chong's nephew for 4 years

Backing out slowly.....
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Don't back out too fast, misskitty, we want details!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I'm with famita! Details, please!

We're STILL waiting.... *tapping foot*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3249879;
    I've been wanting to go VoiP for years, but this is what holds me back. When I was without power for over a week after Gustav, the only thing that worked was my land line. (I was a very sad creature without internet!) While I am not fond of AT&T, they'll continue to get my business because of the potential for hurricanes here. Plus, my security system needs it to send the alarm signal.

Unk, you and Zac look great! I hope you all have a great Christmas and he does get to visit Santa at the mall!
    I was going to post the same thing. Our power outage was due to an icestorm. We have a regular land line but friends of ours with cable phone didn't have the service for as long as the power was down which was 3 weeks for them. Every time I think we might want to get rid of our landline I think of that time and hold off.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Me, too! Also, if I have to call -911 for any reason, if I call on my landline, my address pops up when my call from my house comes in. If somebody is calling from my house and is too upset to know/remember the address, the call taker already has the address. Last I heard, it's not the same with the cell phones yet.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3250544;
    Me, too! Also, if I have to call -911 for any reason, if I call on my landline, my address pops up when my call from my house comes in. If somebody is calling from my house and is too upset to know/remember the address, the call taker already has the address.Last I heard, it's not the same with the cell phones yet.
    It's not. Last summer we had a tree on our street go down and take electrical wires with it which were burning in the road in front of our house. I yelled "Call 911" to my son and he picked up his cell to call. He got the state police and had to be connected by them to our town police.
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3250390;
    Oh my! I remember my Dad taking us to see the Cheech and Chong comedy show waaaay back at the Jubilee Auditorium...it was sold out. He had no clue who they were, we just said comediens, and we didn't get most of the jokes either because we were all goody-goodies and never even tried to smoke cigarrettes let alone anything else. It was just the thing to do. You had to go and see the concert! I think it's pricess that another generation just loves them and they're still a hit!

Did I mention that I dated Tommy Chong's nephew for 4 years

Backing out slowly.....
    Details please???

When I was in HS, Cheech and Chong were THE comedians of that generation. I was in HS in the 70's and therefore their comedy was fairly relavant then. And also they were "bad boys" and parents didn't get them or like them, so of course, they appealled to us high school students. I remember going to see "Up in Smoke" every weekend for 6 weeks when it played in our local "twin" cinema. We had 2 movies that usually changed every week, but "Up in Smoke" was so popular that it played for 6 weeks. Only Smokey and the Bandit stayed longer.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm back! After 24 hours with no electricity and the town just north of us won't be back up for quite a while - they look like a disaster movie with trees down everywhere - on houses, on wires, on cars. I just want to say - I am going to get serious now about emergency preparedness. 24 hours is a good wake up call. When you don't have electricity you don't have heat, running water, the ability to cook, a refrigerator, the FORT !! tv news updates. I spent an hour this morning trying to get my computer back on track and finally had to restore it to a week ago.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut. Whew, glad you are back in the land of electricity and FORT. Get prepared. You never know when you'll need it.

That same storm dumped so much rain on us (we needed it) that I have discovered the joys of a wet,leaky basement. I spent one morning down there getting all cardboard boxes up off the floor.
    It wasn't MAJOR flooding, but it was wet enough to ruin some things.
    And the roof leaks over the front door. We had a bucket under that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread