+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Goes to show you how long it's been since I've bought something on eBay!!!

Good to know the sellers don't leave feedback for buyers although all of my feedback was pretty good.
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3249294;
    To me, the bottom line would be that they failed to live up to their end of the agreement. You shouldn't feel bad at all!!
    Yup. One time, I gave someone a negative feedback and later I felt horrible about it. Not because I was worried I'd get bad feedback from them (this was back in the days when sellers could do that), but because it was really the post office's fault and not the seller's. They sent it when they said they had but they had no proof (they didn't offer the option to purchase insurance or a tracking #). When I got my package, I saw that it was postmarked the day after I had paid for it so they shipped it within one day...but it took 4 weeks to reach me. It was totally the post office's fault. I filled out a thing on ebay to retract that negative feedback but I don't know if that actually happened. I felt badly about that. But to my defense, I really had no idea if they were jerking me around or not. Hopefully they will keep better records so that at least if it happens again, they can tell the buyer the tracking # or whatever so at least we know that they did send it.

Re: Phone alternatives: Skype, Vonage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3248936;
    We want to get rid of our AT&T line like YESTERDAY (HATE THEM! CAN NOT THINK OF STRONG ENOUGH WORDS TO SAY HOW MUCH WE HATE THOSE THIEVING BASTARDS!) but want to get something else set up in place.
    I forgot to mention that I am completely with you on the AT&T hate!! We have our cell service through them. I have dealt with some customer service people through them that were just beyond rude. Once when I was perusing my bill I found a bunch of charges that were labeled something really generic like "WIRELESS OFFICE SERVICES". When I called them up and questioned it the woman had no idea what it even meant. She ended up refunding us at least $80 in these charges. Sheesh, what if I hadn't been watching my bill!?!?!?

Re: Phone alternatives: Skype, Vonage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3249301;
    I forgot to mention that I am completely with you on the AT&T hate!! We have our cell service through them. I have dealt with some customer service people through them that were just beyond rude. Once when I was perusing my bill I found a bunch of charges that were labeled something really generic like "WIRELESS OFFICE SERVICES". When I called them up and questioned it the woman had no idea what it even meant. She ended up refunding us at least $80 in these charges. Sheesh, what if I hadn't been watching my bill!?!?!?
    This happened to us EVERY MONTH on our AT&T cell phone service. I know what you mean--if you're not really paying attention, you could get suckered into paying their fraudulent charges.

From the people I've talked to at work at in my neighborhood, most have left AT&T and switched over to Comcast (since they already use them for cable/high speed internet). That's something I'll definitely consider. Packet8 is sounding pretty good, too...

Thanks to everyone for your input! I appreciate it!

I really hate the fact that we get charged for phone calls that we don't answer if it is picked up by voice mail. I don't answer it because I don't want the minutes to go down. Gosh darn telemarketers who sell extra warranty for cars........I really dislike them! I once picked it up to see if a real person was calling and I got the message that my car warranty was expiring and I needed to get more. I haven't had a warranty on my car for 7 years! When I look the number up it is always a land line in some other state and the person has no idea what I'm talking about if I call. I've read that this company has been cloning phone numbers and using them to call. Not cool in my book!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3249300;
    Yup. One time, I gave someone a negative feedback and later I felt horrible about it. Not because I was worried I'd get bad feedback from them (this was back in the days when sellers could do that), but because it was really the post office's fault and not the seller's. They sent it when they said they had but they had no proof (they didn't offer the option to purchase insurance or a tracking #). When I got my package, I saw that it was postmarked the day after I had paid for it so they shipped it within one day...but it took 4 weeks to reach me. It was totally the post office's fault. I filled out a thing on ebay to retract that negative feedback but I don't know if that actually happened. I felt badly about that. But to my defense, I really had no idea if they were jerking me around or not. Hopefully they will keep better records so that at least if it happens again, they can tell the buyer the tracking # or whatever so at least we know that they did send it.
    I was just going to say that the date a package is mailed has little to do with when it might get delivered. A couple of years ago I sent a birthday gift, by UPS and it took ten days to get there. And it had food in it. If that had been something that someone had ordered from me, I would have gotten an undeserved negative feedback for sure.

About AT&T. I wonder if your location might make a difference. We have had AT&T for years and had no problems at all. We also had Cingular cell phones and they are now AT&T Mobility and we've had no problem with them. The only thing I've noticed is that my cell bill is a few cents different every month for the exact same service. It is always only a few, say from 32.14 to 32.26, something like that, but for the same service. Some months it's a few cents higher, some a few cents lower but never the same.
    Last edited by Muduh; 12-11-2008 at 01:25 PM.

We use Comcast here in Colorado and its great.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Muduh, I live in Illinois and AT&T has a monopoly on the land lines and the service has been crappy from the get-go. Normally I tend to be one of those "complainers" who's very friendly and even keeled when talking to customer service reps... but my stomach literally starts to churn at the thought of having to deal with them anymore. That's how bad they are. It always starts out the same, "We'll take care of this for you today." Pause. Hold. "I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do. I'm sorry that you feel your installation was improper." This AFTER I've already told the there was no new installation. And on and on. Pause. Hold. A supervisor comes on and parrots back the same thing. Then they're all too stupid to do basic math and can't understand why I'm upset at seeing extra charges on a bill. Anyhow, I'm glad you and Unk are getting good service from them and hope for continued good service for you.

My neighbor has Time Warner cable and his internet through them. I swear he has had problems with connection from the day they put it in. I don't get how this can happen when it is supposed to be one of the fastest ways to get internet. It seems like they never want to come out and take a look at the box or cables, just try to resolve the issue from there. He's been without internet for 4 days and yesterday he was nearly in tears asking to piggyback off our wireless connection because the cable company had been "working" on the situation since the morning.
    I also don't understand why any of these companies can't at least offer to take off the days of charges that you don't have service. This is one of the reasons I just shut my home phone off. They stated they couldn't prove I didn't have a phone during the entire week that I had no service!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3249354;
    Muduh, I live in Illinois and AT&T has a monopoly on the land lines and the service has been crappy from the get-go. Normally I tend to be one of those "complainers" who's very friendly and even keeled when talking to customer service reps... but my stomach literally starts to churn at the thought of having to deal with them anymore. That's how bad they are. It always starts out the same, "We'll take care of this for you today." Pause. Hold. "I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do. I'm sorry that you feel your installation was improper." This AFTER I've already told the there was no new installation. And on and on. Pause. Hold. A supervisor comes on and parrots back the same thing. Then they're all too stupid to do basic math and can't understand why I'm upset at seeing extra charges on a bill. Anyhow, I'm glad you and Unk are getting good service from them and hope for continued good service for you.
    Well the way my luck usually runs, that could change any minute now.

+ Reply to Thread