+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Complete strangers ask me why my husband and I don't sleep in the same room. I honestly want to make up some wild story about him being a sleep sex addict but I refrain! It is none of their business yet most people feel like they have the right to ask personal questions like that. Even the woman at the hotel on Saturday asked why we needed two rooms. I'm paying you so what the heck do you care?
    Yup, with donuts!!

My FIL is an only child and he hated it. He grew up on a farm so there weren't other kids around to play with so that had something to do with it. He always nagged every one of his kids, (he had 5) to have more than one child. Well, we stopped at three and to this day he bitches about how we should have had more kids. My oldest will be 30 next month and the youngest is 24 and he still harps on the fact that we only had 3 kids. I've learned to ignore him.

I only have one child - and he is very happy that way. He's always enjoyed being an only child; even when he was three and someone asked if he wanted a brother or sister he'd tell them no. When my mom "pushed" a little he said that if he had to have one, it would have to be a sister. That way he wouldn't have to share his trucks! But - he is very happy being the "only one".

And my response to people that asked why we never had a second was either: a) I've never gotten pregnant again; b) I got a good one and don't want to push my luck; or c) I found out what caused it and stopped ....
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3248844;
    Complete strangers ask me why my husband and I don't sleep in the same room. I honestly want to make up some wild story about him being a sleep sex addict but I refrain! It is none of their business yet most people feel like they have the right to ask personal questions like that. Even the woman at the hotel on Saturday asked why we needed two rooms. I'm paying you so what the heck do you care?
    Just tell that he had a ' horrible accident at the factory...and he was never the same after that"
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Phone alternatives: Skype, Vonage etc.

Hey, has anyone gotten rid of their landline phone service (AT&T) and gone with a cheaper alternative like Skype or Vonage or what not and, if so, what are the pros and cons? We want to get rid of our AT&T line like YESTERDAY (HATE THEM! CAN NOT THINK OF STRONG ENOUGH WORDS TO SAY HOW MUCH WE HATE THOSE THIEVING BASTARDS!) but want to get something else set up in place. I want to be able to use a phone, and not just have to talk on a headset plugged into my computer. I think with Skype, it's something like $3/month for us to be able to use a phone to dial out; about $60/year to get a phone number that people can reach us at; and then another $40 or so in D-Link equipment to set it all up. So that's just over $100 for the first year; and then about $63 each subsequent year...which sounds pretty sweet!

But then I'm wondering...does the connection sound good? Does it work well? Do you guys like it and find it as convenient as just having any landline? Can you have an unlisted #, or are you and your number automatically out there in the White Pages?

Anyhow information would be helpful.

BTW, Mr. Lane and I have cell phones, but we also want the equivalent of a "land line" -- we just don't want AT&T (or even Comcast).

THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE!

MRD

I will join you in the AT&T hate. We've had them 2 months and I swear we talk to them weekly if not more because of problems with internet, landline or cell phone. Hubby was on the phone with them AGAIN tonight and the problem is still not fixed.

Here's another response that stops people if you want to go with something less rude and a tad humerous: "we belong to the one and done club".

I have 3 half siblings. They are 11, 13 & 14 years older than I am. I was raised as an only child as they did not live with us. At varying times in my life, I've had fairly good relationships with them (but after I was grown). I was not lonely and my daughter is not lonely. I do think it was great to not have to deal with "he's touching me. He's looking at me. He took my toy" that a lot of my friends have dealt with. However, when they don't have a sibling to fight with, they often will fight with a parent.

As for the marriage thing: friendship and sense of humor are a MUST! When the passion cools (and let's face it, NO one can maintain the high level of passion that exists in a new relationship/marriage forever), its the ability to enjoy each other's company, conversation and sense of humor that are the real glue to keeping things together.

Amy Lee, LOVE that answer about the accident at the factory.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I disconnected my AT&T landline because of problem after problem. I never use the phone at all, I just use my cell phone. It seems like every other day a neighbor is complaining about static on the line, no dial tone, ringing but no one on the line (but there is really someone on the line). I hate AT&T more than anything because their excuses are that we all must be doing something. Yea, right!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I've had AT&T for years. I recently moved and AT&T is not available at my new location. I'm bummed. I never, ever had a problem with their phone service or internet service.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Any alternatives to land lines (that's NOT AT&T)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3248949;
    I hate AT&T more than anything because their excuses are that we all must be doing something. Yea, right!
    You hit the nail on the button. Their customer service is nonexistant at this point. I've spent more than 6 hours in the past 3 days talking to people who are condescending, liars and then when they can't answer your questions, they "accidentally" hang up on you. I love how they're trained to give these replies, "I'm sorry that you feel that your phone isn't working." That I feel? They charged us for things they never did--and we have PROOF they never did it--and their reply is, "I'm sorry that you feel you didn't get an installation." Clearly they have no clue how to properly use the word "feel." Anyhow, we'll be dumping them soon enough. We already dumped their crappy internet service earlier this year. We dumped them as our cell phone carriers when they took over Cingular Wireless and added charges onto our cell bills EVERY month (at least we got all that money back). I don't want anything to do with AT&T. It's not even like they're cheap so you'll put up with their crappy service in exchange for a good financial deal. They charge a premium and still treat their customers like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3248947;
    I will join you in the AT&T hate. We've had them 2 months and I swear we talk to them weekly if not more because of problems with internet, landline or cell phone. Hubby was on the phone with them AGAIN tonight and the problem is still not fixed.
    I wish him good luck, MRD. But I'm not holding my breath...grrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3248955;
    I've had AT&T for years. I recently moved and AT&T is not available at my new location. I'm bummed. I never, ever had a problem with their phone service or internet service.
    You're lucky, Unk. If you ever had a problem, my guess is you would've dealt with some idiots there...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 12-10-2008 at 10:07 PM.

I'm sorry you feel that way Lois.

+ Reply to Thread