+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7139Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Premium Member
    Wave at me when you're there, I live 50 miles north of Lincoln. And behave yourself, my son is a Lincoln police officer.

I went shopping today for my "New York" tourist clothes....urgh......what a pain....they make clothes for skinny teens not for grown women.....gee whiz no low riders for me pleeeeeze......mind you I don't want granny pants either....this is going to be more difficult than I thought
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I hate clothes shopping lately. Nothing fits right. It's all either skin tight or way to loose. Jeans are the worse to shop for, I used to always just be able to grab a pair of Lees but they have changed those now too.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I buy what I refer to as my Lands End garanimals. Basically, stretchy cotton. I am always hard to fit though, even when I am skinny (which admittedly... well, let's just say I'm older now Lol). I have more of an hourglass shape, not the popular shape with jeans manufacturer fit models.

Anyway, once you hit forty, cotton pants with stretchy waistbands are your friend.

I saw some jeans advertised in todays paper that are at Dillard's. They say they have tummy control. Anyone tried them? I am sort of picky about my jeans and they have to look just so. Not sure about the tummy control ones. I bought some L.L. Bean jeans and wore them probably twice before giving them away. They just looked "funny".

I just gave up today and went to Wally World and found a couple of workout outfits with crop pants, besides I can use more workout clothes since I go to the gym almost every day. I did find a Liz Claiborn track set that I loved, but couldn't part with the $135 for it. The walmart sets will be just fine to pack and be comfy on the trip.

Brandy, I did find some cute 'garanimals" stretchy cotton denim jeans with flare legs that were so so comfortable....

I found a denim parka (hoodie) too that will be fun......but I am wondering how heavy of a jacket I should take along to NYC? It hardly ever gets below 40 here in this part of the state (CA) during the days or evenings so I very seldom wear a coat????????? Can you tell I'm a wreck?
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Newfherder: Can you post some photos on the Animal Lovers thread of your "bears"? That would be super! I hope you do well at the Big Show!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Don't forget your umbrella, Vonna. The weather varies so a light jacket/sweater too.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Vonna, since NYC is *the* shopping place for clothes (as far as I'm concerned, at any rate) if you feel you need something, that's THE best excuse to shop. The only thing I absolutely recommend packing is an empty bag to bring back what you buy!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Vonna - when are you coming here to NY? Evenings are still in the high 50's right now - it will be cooling off a bit later in the week, but the days will be lovely - slight rain over the weekend.

If you want real local weather for NYC, go to: http://www.7online.com

Enjoy your visit!

+ Reply to Thread