+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3247694;
    . . .What do the rest of you want? Maybe I'll get some ideas. . .
    DH and I are so over "stuff." (Which is great, since we don't have tons of cash to throw around!) So our Xmas present to each other will be a weekend getaway on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. (I found a great 55% off deal, just because going after New Year's Eve and not right smack on the holidays.) My mom and dad really inspired us when they told us that they don't exchange material gifts anymore (except for like a favorite kind of M&Ms or something); they give each other memories. So that's what we're doing -- staycation and probably some chocolate.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3248072;
    I envy none of the married people! I can't think of anything I'd less like to be.... than married. Good Grief, not for ME!! If you are having children, then marriage is the better idea....otherwise, I ask, FOR WHAT??
    LOL!!! Hubby and I are convinced that the reason our marriage has remained so much fun is because we've always been best friends and especially because we've remained childfree!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3248264;
    L and I have only vaguely mentioned marriage in 16 years! (that maybe, one of these days, after we retire);lol We don't live together either. We also don't argue except for very breifly, treat each other badly, or have any drama about where to go, what to do. We generally go somewhere together once a year for a few days, I often go somewhere alone and thouroughly enjoy it.
    So, I'll go sit with Shay and Newf!
    It sounds like you have a great relationship queenb. Why tempt fate by getting married?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3248283;
    LOL!!! Hubby and I are convinced that the reason our marriage has remained so much fun is because we've always been best friends and especially because we've remained childfree!
    Alright, I'll join you in the happy, child-free marriage corner - 21 years and still in love. Woo hoo! I honestly can't say that about any of our friends with kids. Of those who have remained together (that would be two couples), only one couple isn't a complete emotional wreckage and that appears to be more in the spirit of forbearance as opposed to actual happiness.

And to all those people who said we would regret not having kids I can still say nope, not regretting it at all. However, I do miss my husband terribly whenever he goes away for a couple of days, and my heart still skips a beat when I hear him coming up the walk at the end of the day.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3248496;
    And to all those people who said we would regret not having kids I can still say nope, not regretting it at all. However, I do miss my husband terribly whenever he goes away for a couple of days, and my heart still skips a beat when I hear him coming up the walk at the end of the day.
    Aww, that is so sweet!! I would imagine that for couples who do not want to have children, the only "down side" would be people constantly asking them when they are planning to have children. That would drive me crazy!!

If you tell people that you're planning to have children for Sunday dinner, they stop asking.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

My husband and I stopped after one child for many reasons. Eleven years later, we are still asked when are we having another one. And we are also asked "why?" when we say we're done. Why is it that people think they can get all up in your business about this topic?? I just don't understand it. We will do what we feel is best for us - you can do what's best for you....

When people ask you why you haven't had more children tell them it's to give people a reason to ask rude questions about a subject that is absolutely none of their business.

Or you could say that you're not particularly fond of the first one so why have another one?
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Just tell them you're a baby factory and just doing it for money anyway!

+ Reply to Thread