+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4495Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3247871;
    Last night he again stated if they aren't going to have a full meal, he didn't want to go.

It sounds like he needs a lecture on Christmas being about family, sharing, reflection, etc rather than food. Much like the lecture I give my kids about how Christmas is not really about gifts.

ETA: If you go to see your family and he stays at home is he planning to cook himself a full meal!?!? Maybe that would make him rethink his stubborn stance!
    I hate it when husbands get stubborn! Why can't they just go along with whatever we want??

MRD

Tell him if the food is that important, he can bring something and then he'll be assured there is somthing there he likes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm sure he would go and bring an entire meal if there is no food. I think it's just the idea that he would actually say that to me!! I'll only go if there's going to be actual good food there. Hmmphh! Seriously........ sometimes he floors me with his thoughts.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3247758;
    I'm sorry too. It really frustrates me when I hear about stuff like this. Kids need all of the love they get and the more positive adult role models they have, the better!! Kids should never be used as pawns in the disputes of adults!!!

I hope the ex comes to her senses and realizes what is best for the kids!!
    Well, she has a new boyfriend now and she would like for him to be their dad. My son doesn't have a problem with this guy being in the girl's lives, because he seems like a decent guy. He just wants his share. But, I'm not giving up. It will happen. I just have to be patient.

buglover - Tell your husband to pack a lunch! I'd love to be able to spend the holiday with my family, but both of my parents are gone and the rest of us are pretty scattered. We usually only get together in the summer when it's easier for everyone to travel.

No matter what I'm definitely going to see my family. It's one stinking day!! My cousin is most likely coming in from out of state so I want to be there. His father passed away a year after my mom did and I want to give him a giant hug!!

Mr buglover will have to deal one way or the other. I've gone to mexico to visit his family and always have eaten whatever they put in front of me..... (which most of the time I wasn't crazy about) but I have never once complained. He's just being a drama queen right now!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I've been to some family events that weren't tolerable except for the food they had.
    I remember going to some event my husband's family (who I can't stand) hosted and my remark on the way home was: "Well not even the food could save THAT day". It was nasty food. Even worse company.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I envy none of the married people! I can't think of anything I'd less like to be.... than married. Good Grief, not for ME!! If you are having children, then marriage is the better idea....otherwise, I ask, FOR WHAT??

I don't need company that badly. My sanity is worth more than that drama. I am f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s just as I am!! I am not a drama-fan.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amen!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3248072;
    I envy none of the married people! I can't think of anything I'd less like to be.... than married. Good Grief, not for ME!! If you are having children, then marriage is the better idea....otherwise, I ask, FOR WHAT??

I don't need company that badly. My sanity is worth more than that drama. I am f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s just as I am!! I am not a drama-fan.
    Shay, you are me inside! I just love this man so much I'm willing to put up with most of his strange behavior. We've been together nearly a decade now which is much longer than my first marriage. Thank goodness we can't have any more children is all I can say!! He does put up with all of my phobias and anxiety which most people will not do. He will do things for me that I cannot do for myself due to my panic. We do communicate well and I do give myself a time out when I'm starting to nit pik beyond the allotted amount!! He also puts up with me not being able to sleep next to his bear snoring and is completely used to it now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

L and I have only vaguely mentioned marriage in 16 years! (that maybe, one of these days, after we retire);lol We don't live together either. We also don't argue except for very breifly, treat each other badly, or have any drama about where to go, what to do. We generally go somewhere together once a year for a few days, I often go somewhere alone and thouroughly enjoy it.
    So, I'll go sit with Shay and Newf!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread