+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6758Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3247500;
    I didn't end up going to the wedding. I actually hurt myself the night before Thanksgiving. My friend said it was good but there was drama between the two sets of parents.
    I'm so sorry!!! I hope you're OK. Forgive my ignorance. I checked out a little before/after the holiday.

What's a wedding without a little drama? Alcohol + family + high emotions = drama.
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything useful, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    F - is for Fire that burns down the whole town.
    U - is for Uranium...BOMBS!
    N - is for No survivors...
    - Plankton, Spongebob Squarepants (FUN Song)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Redlady;3247582;
    I'm so sorry!!! I hope you're OK. Forgive my ignorance. I checked out a little before/after the holiday.

What's a wedding without a little drama? Alcohol + family + high emotions = drama.
    you got that right. You'd think family would TRY to behave for the sake of the happy couple.

Bug, hope your back is better.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

My family keeps asking me for my Christmas list.

I have 4 books on it. A robe and slippers and that's it.

I really don't want anything else (that we can actually afford. ) and they are angry that my list is not "exciting".

I'm at a loss this year. Normally, there are several things I could put on my list, but I just don't need or want anything.

What do the rest of you want? Maybe I'll get some ideas.

I did tell them that I thought we should limit the amount we spent on each other and my list reflected that. I could wear my new robe and slippers to read my new books.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3247694;
    My family keeps asking me for my Christmas list.

I have 4 books on it. A robe and slippers and that's it.

I really don't want anything else (that we can actually afford. ) and they are angry that my list is not "exciting".

I'm at a loss this year. Normally, there are several things I could put on my list, but I just don't need or want anything.

What do the rest of you want? Maybe I'll get some ideas.

I did tell them that I thought we should limit the amount we spent on each other and my list reflected that. I could wear my new robe and slippers to read my new books.
    I can't help too much. I had the same problem. People kept asking for ideas and I have some stuff I kind of need, some books I want, but nothing very exciting. I ended up finally just sending my mom a list of a lot of little stuff that I normally would even just buy myself. My problem actually is that the stuff I really want is way over anyone's budget

One thing I've been giving my mom is gift cards to food places she eats. She will eat there anyhow, and this saves her some money doing it. Is that something you can tell your family. I know my family has had to cut back on our eating out so right now I'd be thrilled with that. My MIL asked for collectible books and I was able to order a whole bunch from half.com and amazon. I was able to acquire all but one of the ones at the top of her list. For my list for MrCoz and lil'coz I went through my house and wrote down stuff I needed or have been wanting to get. Not exciting but it's something they can get. And I also picked out the coat I wanted and made MrCoz stop on his way home from work one day to "buy" it!

And I told my boss/friend that I wanted a manicure. It's something I don't want to actually pay money for but like to be pampered. It's a good gift since I will not pay for it myself but will use a gift certificate. Massages, facials, pedicures and manicures are great gifts for people like me. A gift I wouldn't buy myself but will love to have it. Come to think of it I should have told more people that's what I wanted

eta: I just thought of something else. My FIL is extremely difficult to buy gifts for. But he loves wrestling. Last year MrCoz planned a day to take him to a wrestling tournament. It's an all day event since the tournament is held 3 hours from our home. He picks his dad up, buys lunch and dinner and the tickets to the event. They spend quality time together (we hope!) and it's something that his dad would never do on his own. Is there an event you'd like to go to that your family could get tickets for you?
    Last edited by justCoz; 12-09-2008 at 11:14 AM.

All I really want for Christmas is to see my new granddaughter. Our lawyer says that they are probably just stalling until after the holidays. They did the same thing last year when we were fighting to see Lexie. My son has regular visitation with Lexie, but his ex won't sign the papers for Baileigh. It's really frustrating.

Who says your list has to be exciting? I told Mr. M that I wanted an attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. He generally wants things for his computer and I am so not tech savvy like that, so I just tell him to order whatever the hell it is he is talking to me about. It's his hobby - and has been for about 18 yrs now. I love that he can build them and upgrade them and understands all the tech stuff -- that means I don't have to learn it!! I just have to say "honey... come fix this..."

So sorry, Lil Bit. Don't give up - it will happen.
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 12-09-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3247752;
    All I really want for Christmas is to see my new granddaughter. Our lawyer says that they are probably just stalling until after the holidays. They did the same thing last year when we were fighting to see Lexie. My son has regular visitation with Lexie, but his ex won't sign the papers for Baileigh. It's really frustrating.
    I'm sorry too. It really frustrates me when I hear about stuff like this. Kids need all of the love they get and the more positive adult role models they have, the better!! Kids should never be used as pawns in the disputes of adults!!!

I hope the ex comes to her senses and realizes what is best for the kids!!

Well, the weather people did not disappoint. My kids are all out of school on a snow day. I still had to go to work, so my DH gets to spend the whole day with them! Of course, knowing him he will probably have them cleaning and shoveling the driveway!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm giving one of my favorite kids at the community center a manicure certificate for Christmas (she's 14 and starting to discover her girly side). I thought about a certificate to Bath and Bodyworks, but I'm sure she has an aunt who goes to the nail salon, so it won't be an effort to get her there for her family.

Another thing that I love to get grade school kids is gift certificates to fast food places that they love -- whether I approve of their choice or not....after all, it's not about me. What is it with kids and McDonald's?? They get such a kick out of going to the restaurant, placing their own order, and paying for their own order! I remember my son twisting my arm to go to McDonald's for dinner () and saying the words, "My treat!" He was so proud of himself! He'd gotten gift certificates for something at school. Our "date" was fun!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My back is still very sore but I went to Disneyland on Saturday anyway.

My husband is getting on my very last nerve!! I asked him if we were going to go to my family's house for Christmas and his answer was "What are they serving?"!!! He does this every year because one year my family only had sandwiches because of the renovations going on at my grandmother's house. She was also very ill and it was just easier to have sandwiches from a sub shop. I realize that food is very important during the holidays but for him it's all about the food. I want to go to see my family whom I don't see very often, he just wants to eat. Last night he again stated if they aren't going to have a full meal, he didn't want to go.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread