+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7184Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Punch her and tell her there will be no next time.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

When I was in college, there were several occasions where I blacked out. I was a social binge drinker and I'm lucky I didn't kill myself with it. Anyway, my mind would check out while my body was still up and active. My friends would tell me the next day about some of the things I'd done and most of the time it was pretty embarrassing. I'm thankful now that it was never anything *too* serious. Anyway, blackouts really do happen, but it normally involves the type of binge drinking that college kids do (think dozens of shots in a row or beer bongs).

ETA: And you're right, Closetnerd. Those sorts of bouts are normally followed by TERRIBLE hangovers.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD

I too can unfortunately remember every last awful moment of things I did while drinking.
    I, who have had weird reactions to EVERYTHING under the sun, do not have typical alcohol reactions either. It makes me more alert instead of blacking out. I was ALWAYS the last one up at any of the "weekends" we had. I've never blacked out or passed out. But woe to those that did before me! Several of my male friends have woken up with painted nails, makeup and sharpie words written on them. One woke up with beer cans duct taped all over his body. I was horrible back then. But it always got a laugh from everyone else, which is why I did it. Besides, it's boring to be the last drunk awake at the party.

And Tequila that usually makes people do WILD and crazy things is one of the few things I can drink and maintain myself on. I drink other stuff and I get stupid. Tequila I can hold well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3245235;
    Several of my male friends have woken up with painted nails, makeup and sharpie words written on them. One woke up with beer cans duct taped all over his body. I was horrible back then. But it always got a laugh from everyone else, which is why I did it. Besides, it's boring to be the last drunk awake at the party.
    Especially the duct taped beer cans! That had to be worse to remove than any band-aid!!

I love to play tricks on drunken friends!! I will laugh my head off because I'm usually the designated driver of the group.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Isn't it great walking down memory lane? I used to wish that I could be sick or have a hang over because I might have stopped drinking sooner! I don't really miss it except when I've had a horrible day at work, the kind that you want to squeeze someone else's head? I used to tell my office mate that it was a 3 drink night or a 6 drink night. She always checked to make sure I wasn't drinking when we'd go home. Silly girl! I finally can have liquor in my home and don't feel that I "have" to drink. Sometimes I just want a drink and can stop at one.

The holidays usually make me drink more after work than any other time of the year. There are always parties going on but I will have a couple of drinks and mr buglover will always pick me up so I don't have to sit for 4 hours and wait to drive home.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was a drinker when I was young, and I grew up in a house where there was always beer in the fridge. However, my husband came from a family where alcohol was not allowed in the house. He has rubbed off on me; we rarely drink. It wasn't a conscious decision, but I generally only keep alcohol in my home for cooking purposes. I honestly don't miss it much.

I have a few friends who cannot live without their beer. I have noticed over the past 10 years that they look much older than the rest of us. That alone will keep me from drinking daily.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I spent the day with Zac today. We didn't get to go out as his white blood counts were real low after his bout with the cold last week. I took over some lights and more decorations that his step mom put up in his room. I gave him some of my ornaments and told him he had to put them on his tree for me since I didn't put one up. I also got his step mom to cut my hair even closer to the scalp as Zac's is almost all gone. We used the clippers with no guard, bare blade as they call it. I'm as close as you can get without actually using a razor. That will be in a couple of weeks.
    I guess Zac still has three phases of chemo left. I misunderstood his dad last week. Still, he's making progress and that's what counts. His spirits are great. Thanks again to all of you for well wishes.

+ Reply to Thread