+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5928Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The state of this crappy economy and bad news, after bad news, after bad news....so very many job losses...it's all so disheartening and scary. We've already decided that a mixed group of us are going to do some caroling this year! We've decided to do it for some friends, and just whomever may be around. We may stand and sing, we may walk and sing...who knows. I'm really looking forward to it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3243553;
    The state of this crappy economy and bad news, after bad news, after bad news....so very many job losses...it's all so disheartening and scary. We've already decided that a mixed group of us are going to do some caroling this year! We've decided to do it for some friends, and just whomever may be around. We may stand and sing, we may walk and sing...who knows. I'm really looking forward to it!
    I love caroling. I have a crappy voice, so I like singing in large groups where my voice won't be so noticeable. One of my favorite high school memories is caroling with the French Club in french. I still remember some of the french words so I usually sing a combo of french/english when I'm listening to carols in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3240970;
    Whaa????? Taco Bell was a daily requirement during my pregnancy. It was 12 years ago - and Mr. M still is sick of Taco Bell... Bless his heart though, he faithfully went every day for me. Oddly enough, my son will not eat anything from there, EVER. He says he is still traumatized from his gestational diet.
    I am a few days behind, but I just had to comment on this. My parents would NEVER take me to Taco Bell as a kid, so by the time I was in high school and had a drivers license (aka, freedom) Taco Bell was a frequent stop for me and my friends. However, during my first pregnancy I had a bout of "morning" sickness after eating some soft shelled tacos ...and to this day I cannot eat the "ground beef" at Taco Bell!!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

So, i guess in general we're all toning it down? I'm glad. On Friday, i was coming back from Atlantic City and it surprised me to see so many people shopping. The idea of shopping right now makes me nauseous(and i'm someone who enjoys it). I just don't think it's feasible to be spending all this money on this that wont serve a purpose in the long run. I was talking to someone who said she was going to send cards and pictures of the things she would've bought for people.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I put up my tree in my apartment last night and it was so nice to come home to after work today, pretty and pine-y. I also helped my dad with the outside lights at home on Saturday, as is becoming tradition, and that was fun too. We get a little more ambitious every year... I think he likes having an accomplice. Definitely getting into the holiday spirit. We're cutting back in certain places, but the holidays are a welcome diversion from the world these days (especially since I work in finance and we have financial/political news on tv nonstop) and I'm embracing that. Now if I could get healthy...

MRD

I'm like BT, love caroling, have a horrible voice, so I cab disguise it in groups.
    Prhoshay, I think what you are doing is a great idea.

We got most of the decorations up, we're in the Christmas spirit, but are definetly cuttung back this year and trying to focus more on the deeper meaning of Christmas and the season instead of the commercial aspects.

We have gotten and are expected to receive MORE snow flurries today and tonight. This is HIGHLY unusual for here this time of year. It has been COLD today and windy. So I've been making Irish coffee. Amazing how much a little Jameson's in coffee can warm you up.

Amy Lee, I'm with you about the shopping. I was out with a friend today who spent $40 on candles. I wanted to shake her. Right now, there is no way I could justify spending that much on candles unless we had no electricity.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I love candles, which is why i only spend a dollar and change on them.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

We had snow on Sunday morning, and while we usually see a decent amount of snow, it seemed earlier in the season than usual. My dad had purchased a bright white extension cord for some of the lights which now runs across the yard, and we had observed how it stuck out in the middle of the lawn the day before, and I said to my dad, "Well, at least it will blend in when it snows." Didn't expect that to be the next day!

Hey everyone, I don't pop into the Koffee Klatch much, but I couldn't think of another place to put this.

My husband's store has just put up a lovely window display complete with a full size antique Sleigh.
    They want to have a sale where if people bring in a canned food item to fill the sleigh they get %10 off their purchases at the register. So I have been tasked with coming up with some catchy slogans or something to advertise this on the website. But of course I am drawing a blank! It's a music store mostly, so I want to keep it related to that. Can anyone help me out? Throw some words at me that rhyme

Northern Music & Video :: 29 Market ST, Potsdam NY

Here's a pic of the window:
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

MRD

Make the music of the holidays sound brighter for those in need. Bring in a canned good to fill the sleigh and receive a 10% discount on your purchases. Now that's music to everyone's ears.

Beautiful window CN.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread