+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7290Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3241796;
    apparently she has asked her father not to bring his girlfriend either.
    This says everything to me. It isn't personal. If she asked her dad not to bring his girlfriend, a woman she probably knows a whole lot better than your husband, then she really is at her limit with people. I would say go and let her enjoy her day without worrying about panic attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3241853;
    This says everything to me. It isn't personal. If she asked her dad not to bring his girlfriend, a woman she probably knows a whole lot better than your husband, then she really is at her limit with people. I would say go and let her enjoy her day without worrying about panic attacks.

I think this is a very good point. Its obvious that she is only able to handle people who are super close to her.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Well after speaking with the bride, it seems her mother led me on a wrong path. The bride isn't concerned about her panic or anything to that extent. Her mother (my friend) decided who can come and who cannot. Now I'm a bit angry. I haven't made my decision yet.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well if the bride doesn't mind your husband coming I would just bring him. Your friend might get a little peeved but surely she'll get over it quickly. And she'll understand from now on ya'll should only be invited to events you are both asked to attend.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

My husband and I are a pair. If one is invited, we both are invited. Otherwise, don't plan on either of us. Good luck with your decision Bug.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3241868;
    Well after speaking with the bride, it seems her mother led me on a wrong path. The bride isn't concerned about her panic or anything to that extent. Her mother (my friend) decided who can come and who cannot. Now I'm a bit angry. I haven't made my decision yet.
    If that's the case bug and the bride is fine with Mr. bug coming, you should all go. It sounds like the bride wants you there.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3241283;
    I have a little dilema. My best friend's daughter is getting married on Friday, spur of the moment thing and my son and I have been invited. I replied and asked if mr buglover was also invited.......... the response I got was it was family only because they were only allowed 15 people total since it's being done in an office and the daughter does have very high panic anxiety. If she sees people she doesn't know she freezes up and begins to panic. When I told Mr buglover this, his response was, well they can't come to any of our things anymore. I'm so torn. I've watched this girl grow up from 4 years old and now she's marrying and moving away. This family took me in when I had nowhere to go and I lived with them for nearly 3 years. Mr buglover now says just go, I don't care, but I can tell he does care. I don't quite know what to do.
    bug - I'd probably go for HER sake, but I do think this is kind of strange. You and your hubby are a pair..so what is ONE more person? If my hubby told me to go ahead and go, I probably would for a little while. Just put in an appearance...but I do think the inviting was done in poor taste.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Men can be like women sometimes.... say it's fine but really mean the opposite. He's still very hurt, I can tell and when he says it's fine, he does it with a little attitude. I'll figure all of this out to keep everyone happy. My husband is my better half and he really should be invited. I too find this whole thing very strange and it just doesn't settle well in my stomach.
    The aunt is bringing her husband and child.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I've been thinking about this one, before commenting. I think, in the long run - your loyalty and life are with your husband. If he isn't honestly ok with being excluded from the wedding, I don't think you should go. As upset as you are with your friend for slighting your hubby, think how much worse you'll feel if he is hurt by you going without him. That would add guilt on top of your anger. You could always invite the bride and groom out for a lunch or dinner with you and Mr. Bug (after the holidays) and celebrate their happiness that way.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

After reading this over again and reading SR5Rfan post, I can tell you that if I were married and I was in this situation I would NOT go, after all he is your LIFE partner the bride, nor your friend while they were there for you previously live with you day to day. I really think you should decline, I don't think Mr. bug is really too thrilled by this and by it either being you and him or neither going, I think it would be a great thing for the two of you if you did not go.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread