+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6754Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have a little dilema. My best friend's daughter is getting married on Friday, spur of the moment thing and my son and I have been invited. I replied and asked if mr buglover was also invited.......... the response I got was it was family only because they were only allowed 15 people total since it's being done in an office and the daughter does have very high panic anxiety. If she sees people she doesn't know she freezes up and begins to panic. When I told Mr buglover this, his response was, well they can't come to any of our things anymore. I'm so torn. I've watched this girl grow up from 4 years old and now she's marrying and moving away. This family took me in when I had nowhere to go and I lived with them for nearly 3 years. Mr buglover now says just go, I don't care, but I can tell he does care. I don't quite know what to do.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I don't know Mrbuglover but I can understand his hurt feelings. Do you think he'll get over it? I would be tempted to go since there are so few people invited and it is a one time thing, and this is a family that took you in etc. Can you emphasize that this girl has a stranger phobia and it is beyond her control?? Not knowing him, I would give him a little time to get used to the idea and talk to him when he isn't quite so miffed.

I understand his feelings too. I was actually caught off guard when she replied it was family only.....he's my family. But I know her panic disorder, she's been in and out of mental places, hospitals, etc. so I do understand that as well. Part of me wants to make an excuse up as to why I cannot go and another part of me will feel horrible for missing this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

You should go, Buglover. So, i won something online a few months ago. It said 5-7 weeks for delivery so all this time im thinking it's going to get here any day now. Not. As it turns out, it was shipped within 2 weeks via fed-ex. If any of you should recall back to the pet peeves thread in '04 then you know of my tribulations with Fed-ex and that dreck they refer to as service. Back then, i never got the printer they were suppose to deliver to me. I really wanted that printer too. A$$ wipes! I contacted the person who send me this latest package and apparently it's been shipped twice but sent back because they didn't bother to try and deliver in the first place! I'm home, I'm unemployed, they've no cogent reason or excuse! I'm going to punch someone! I'm breaking up with you, Fed-ex.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Buglover I'd go for the ceremony. It won't take long - not like an all day affair with full dinner and such. Given her mental health, once Mr Bug gets over his hurt feelings he'd tell you to go. If the bride didn't have her mental health issues and the situation was the same I'd be staying home in solidarity with my husband... but these are special circumstances.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MRD

I agree with Duxxy. I would be put off that "family" doesn't include all of yours but given her history, I'd say go and he'll eventually understand. It doesn't sound like a huge, huge wedding where you willl be gone half the day.
    They want you there, she is special to you, it's her special day and I'd feel honored that of the 15 people, they included you.
    Make her feel special and go.
    With so few people there, your absence would be noticed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Any chance you could have them meet beforehand a time or two so he's not a stranger? If not, then I agree - go to the service after you've given Mr. B. a chance to absorb the idea. Then give him a belly rub when you get home to let him know he was missed.
    Count your blessings!

Ditto to the rest BugLover. Hubby sounds like his feelings are hurt. I can understand why - it is a little strange to be invited to a wedding and not have your spouse invited - but explain to him that it wasn't meant to be a personal attack. That it's not that they don't want HIM there, it just that they want to keep the number down to a minimum. (I can relate. No anxiety here, but I only had 7 people at my wedding and that INCLUDED Mr. Red, myself and the judge.). You will regret it if you don't go.
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything useful, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    F - is for Fire that burns down the whole town.
    U - is for Uranium...BOMBS!
    N - is for No survivors...
    - Plankton, Spongebob Squarepants (FUN Song)

I've never known a man to be upset about having to miss a wedding. My husband would be doing cart wheels on his way to the computer, grabbing the tv remote as he went. His only request would be that I pick him up something for dinner on my way home.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3241691;
    I've never known a man to be upset about having to miss a wedding. My husband would be doing cart wheels on his way to the computer, grabbing the tv remote as he went. His only request would be that I pick him up something for dinner on my way home.
    I can't imagine my husband being upset about having to miss a wedding either. I almost have to hog tie him, sedate him and throw him in the trunk to get him to go with me to weddings.

+ Reply to Thread