+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6547Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

More on the Hummerheads

I think Mr. Hummerhead is moving out. We got up early and went to the farmers market and then to the art festival. Got home and he has a trailer attached to the hummer and its full of boxes and there are boxes and furniture stacked outside near the trailer and he keeps going in and out and her car is not there. And I haven't seen her.

So I hope this means a peaceful neighborhood once again.

I'll be standing in the driveway waving and saying good riddence when he pulls out!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog, so not all is well in the Hummerlands? Hummerguy Hummerland will have to trade his Hummer in to make alimony payments....then he'll have to drive a '72 Ford Pinto....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Do some of you check motel and motel prices online? My heaven it has gotten irritating. Sometimes I just like to get an idea of what the rooms cost to see if they fit in our budget. Well in order to do so, you have to give an arrival date, a departure date, how many people (this I understand), what type room and so on and on. We are planning to go to see my grandson who is in college. I found my usual favorite, Hampton Inn, which is three miles from campus and has all the amenities I want, including suites. In order to get a discount for student's parents, you have to CALL the hotel. What's that all about? Just put the darn price down, and if people want to pay it then they will. This has just gotten too complicated. What happened to clicking on the motel site, the prices pop up and you make a choice, or not?

muduh Yeah it used to be so much easier--even just a year ago was a lot easier to search for hotels. We were planning a trip to the Disneyland area and taking the grandkids.....I finally caught on to why I couldn't get prices..the rooms wouldn't hold 4 kids so instead of telling me that I would need 2 rooms, it would just come up as "no rooms available".........It was so frustrating. Or sometimes it will say find the lowest price on (example) "Hotel.com" so I would click to go to the site and they wouldn't even show the hotel..grrrrrr

I also noticed that many of the travel websites use the same search engine...so you get the exact same selection and price with several mainline sites
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I'm having issues with airline websites. Continental sometimes says it doesn't fly here or to Houston, which is just nuts, since Houston it a major hub for Continental. Go back 20 minute later, and there are the flights I need.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    myrosiedog, so not all is well in the Hummerlands? Hummerguy Hummerland will have to trade his Hummer in to make alimony payments....then he'll have to drive a '72 Ford Pinto....
    I would laugh my a** off if that happened. Or if she gets the Hummer.
    Well, he is still there and her car is not. They moved a lot of stuff yesterday, wonder if she gave him the weekend to get out. I guess I'll know more today.

Hopefully I won't have a drunk Pr*ck in a TANK roaring up and down neighborhood streetst that are full of kids, runners, walkers and dogs.

Well, while I'm glad this is ending, I won't have anything to do now.

None of the rest of the neighbors are that interesting. Which is a GOOD thing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Do some of you check motel and motel prices online? My heaven it has gotten irritating. Sometimes I just like to get an idea of what the rooms cost to see if they fit in our budget. Well in order to do so, you have to give an arrival date, a departure date, how many people (this I understand), what type room and so on and on. We are planning to go to see my grandson who is in college. I found my usual favorite, Hampton Inn, which is three miles from campus and has all the amenities I want, including suites. In order to get a discount for student's parents, you have to CALL the hotel. What's that all about? Just put the darn price down, and if people want to pay it then they will. This has just gotten too complicated. What happened to clicking on the motel site, the prices pop up and you make a choice, or not?
    I know of a real good web site that has the pnone numbers of all the motels in certain cities. You clik on the state you want, then the city..and it will show you a list. Sometimes, I just study all the motels that are available that way.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I would laugh my a** off if that happened. Or if she gets the Hummer.
    Well, he is still there and her car is not. They moved a lot of stuff yesterday, wonder if she gave him the weekend to get out. I guess I'll know more today.

Hopefully I won't have a drunk Pr*ck in a TANK roaring up and down neighborhood streetst that are full of kids, runners, walkers and dogs.

Well, while I'm glad this is ending, I won't have anything to do now.

None of the rest of the neighbors are that interesting. Which is a GOOD thing.
    Er, could it be that he was moving HER out? Scarey thought, no?

Angelic, I usually know where I want to stay, it's just that I want more information listed on the website. I want to SEE a room, suite or whatever, and I want to know what they charge. I did email the Hampton Inn in the town where the college is and asked them some questions. I just didn't see why I should have to. If they have a parents rate, why not post it? Why would I need to call to get a quote? Do they give prices according to how you impress them on the phone, or what? Obviously this would NOT be a good day for me to call.

The price might depend on if there is a home football game that weekend . . . I've run into that when I've had dog shows the same weekend as the local college team has a home game.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

A little off topic, but has anyone bought into a regulated natural gas plan?

It's being de-regulated here in Dec. I had a visit from Direct Energy to sign up for a 5 year payment plan: winter and summer rates. They'll merge my bill with my electric bill and save on the administration costs. They don't provide the gas or electricity, just take care of the billing. But if you move or sell your home within the 5 years, you get dinged big time for opting out of the program. (I have no plans to do that at the moment). I feel like I'm stuck. If I don't get into a plan, I'm totally susceptible to possible sky-high rates once the regulations are gone.

I was overwhelmed with information by the time the girl left and had to sign up then and there. By the time the representative had left I was spinning. I have lots of info to read.

Anyone have any idea how energy rates are headed? (in Alberta/or Canada?)
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread